Truly a horrible company to interact with. They are the Rx provider on my company healthcare insurance, which is managed by United Healthcare.

We switched to OptumRx this year, and it has been a disaster. If there was any way to not work with them I would. As it is, I have ended up filling Rx's for cash, rather than wait for Optum to sort itself out. I have had several Rx management companies over the years, including Express Scripts, and never really noticed them.

I didn't realize how good this lack of visibility was until I was unfortunate enough to encounter this worst in class company.

They appear to constantly change their rules, and do absolutely nothing to communicate those changes, making it next to impossible for a physician to prescribe within their guidelines. Customer service is worse than non existent. Every time I call In get a different story or excuse. Their 'customer service' reps appear to have no agency to do anything other than read from scripts, and certainly no ability to solve problems.

They override decisions made by experienced physicians, but are incapable of giving any rationale for these decisions at all. A recorded message would honestly be more useful.

Review about: Optumrx Customer Care.

Comments

I am experiencing the same! My company switched this year. I absolutely am so disgusted using them