Soon after retiring from Teaching secondary ART, I was disabled by late onset type 1 diabetes resulting in Gastroparesis: I suffer from disabling nausea that is to the degree that my ability to eat, sleep or carry out activities of daily living is disrupted.Dr.

Parkman, a preeminent Gastroenterological specialist at Temple University Hospital prescribed Dronabanol for nausea and appetite, which for the past several years WAS covered. When NJ Direct recently changed Medicare Prescription Drug Plans to OptumRx they dismissed Dr.Parkman’s request for coverage of Dronabanol. As far as I can tell from the overwhelming number of appeal communications, THEIR Gastroenterologist is claiming my NAUSEA is not the same as nausea from Chemotherapy! OptumRx kicked me up to Maximus Federal Services who says I must file for a hearing with an Administrative Law Judge and I can't seem to find anyone who can help me with that.

The drug store can't refill my prescription until my appeal is resolved.

My SS disability won't support the over $1000 a month I will have to pay in Cash to refill my Dronabanol prescription.It used to be $10...