They have repeatedly asked for more and more paperwork from the doctor including an appeal for their instant denial of some meds. They keep denying the order because the doctor "has not filled out and returned the correct paperwork." Its just a simple prescription but they have complicated the matter to the point of madness.

I suspect they intend to make certain drugs impossible to get due to their cost. United Health Care insists that I use Optum Rx and I pay a small fortune for insurance coverage.

Why cant I just get the medication? Perhaps Obama can work this out.

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to have the product delivered as the author lost $1000. This person is overall dissatisfied with OptumRx. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about OptumRx.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Pharmacy category for more informed decision or compare OptumRx to other companies on our site.

Comments

Sonyap
Sanger, California, United States #1333112

I would love to be a part of the class action. Optumrx needs to be shut down.

They are automatically denying medication to customers and in my opinion treating patients with out a license. It took 6 weeks to approve my medication. They sent me a letter stating they would not cover the brand of medicine I was taking and gave me a choice of two other brands. It's all the same medicine just different pharmaceutical companies that make it.

Because of the change of brands I had to get another Pre approval. They have denied me twice already and my doctor is now having to file an appeal. How can they deny a medication that you have already proved you needed. They say it is now not medically necessary.

It's a scam to delay paying for a medication they know you need forcing you to self pay. Then when you put in a claim to be reimbursed they send you a check for 50 dollars saying that's all that is allowed and your out not only the thousand dollars you paid for the medication, but you out the money you paid for the coverage You did not receive too.

My husband gets in the car goes to get his prescription that the doctor called in. It is a rub for his hands.

The doctor didn't write "for hands" on the form so it was denied. Came home called OPrx. Had to call doctor office to have it resubmitted. Had to get in car go back to get prescription which took several more days because of week end.

This is happening more and more. Maybe they are trying to throw grandma off the bridge