Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

I went to refill my much needed prescription on Jan 26th . I went to pick up later that day and was told a problem with insurance company there needed to be a pre authorization for it , so I realized we just had been changed to this optumrx in Jan.

so my doctor sent in a new prescription and fixed the issue so it could be filled. Well, I have been out of meds since Jan 26th and I have called Thurs, Fri, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri. All I get is the runaround from this place and that my prescription is pending approval said it would take 14 days because my dr didn't mark as urgent. WTH!?

they have had it now for 8 days and know I am stage 4 and won't approve it even though it's been pending approval since 8 days ago. They absolutely have no issues taking insurance payments from my paycheck. (no delays on that) I have spent at least 15 hours total on the phone trying to get this approved , each time different answers and asked to speak with supervisor 5 times and was denied each time.

This company needs to be investigated, there are pages and several websites on complaints for this company. They do not care for consumers , and seem to have no clue as to what they are doing.

Review about: Optumrx Prescription Refill.

Preferred solution: approve my prescription.

I didn't like: Would select no stars if i could, Delay tactics, Could not speak to supervisor, No one will give an honest answer.

Comments

Fremont, California, United States #1281105

Do you have CalPers? I just had the exact same problem on Jan 30.

I had a prior authorization thru the previous company (Caremark) and an FAQ from optum saying prior authorizations from Caremark would be honored. My medication is now $1700/month.

I had to pay $430 to get one week while I figure this out.

I have called 12 times, everyone telling me different things and making different promises and I now am going to pay another $430 so I can make it through the next week while I continue to work on this.

I cannot get an email or fax for a supervisor to send my paperwork and their own faq to.

I have epilepsy and cannot skip this medication.