I would be cautious utilizing OptumRX, they quoted us a savings on our 90 day supply of medication.When the first prescription arrived, it was 60% more than what they quoted us and 34% more than what we payed monthly at our local pharmacy.

When I called to question they blamed the doctor, then said that my prescription must have changed. The Customer Service Agent, then informed me that it wasn't OptumRX's error, so we were responsible for the costs.

We immediately canceled this "mandatory" service.I will also be contacting our insurance company to learn more about why we have been receiving letters stating this is a mandatory service, when it is not.

Review about: Optumrx Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Listening to why it was not their fault.

Comments

You may want to verify if the cost is going towards a deductible.You may also want to verify if the price check was for the same dose, quantity and grade of medication.

The strength alone can change the pricing. Also, the type administration can change the pricing. If it is extended release, orally dissolving, or a capsule, or solution or specific type of injection.

Another big thing that can change pricing is the brand.Generic will be much cheaper.