OptumRx is the worst prescription company I have ever dealt with. Earlier this year, the company I work for was sold.

Although I maintained United Healthcare, the prescription benefits changed to this poorly rated company. My greatest complaint is they offer no "Specialty Medications" to treat my condition, at a reasonable cost. These "Specialty Medications" are also only filled for 30 days. Upon discovering these prices, I submitted to specific tests and received a list of treatable drugs.

I was pleased to find one on my plan that cost $60 for 30 days, although I paid this amount for 90 days with a prior, more reputable company. My doctor faxed a prescription and the problems began. First the medication required "Prior Authorization". Once authorized, I was told the cost is $492.

After many calls to all levels of OptumRx, United Healthcare and my HR coordinator, the $60 copay would not be honored and promptly removed from our plan. I was urged to seek copay assistance and offered a telephone number. Being off medication for 6 months, my doctor has intervened. His staff dread the many calls they make on behalf of OptumRx members.

I urge consumers to not use OptumRx. Unless your medication is listed on the "Hassle-Free Drug List", expect poor customer service, excuses and insincere apologies. OptumRx places people with my health condition in a separate category, making it difficult to purchase necessary medications.

Discrimination? May investigations and lawsuits bury this company.

Comments

Weatherford, Texas, United States #811851

My prescription for atrovastatin went from 199.79 retail in January to 755.87 in April. I'm in the donut hole in another 100.00 and I still have the rest of the year to go.