1.6
Insurance Plans Acceptance

OptumRx has no interest in filling people's prescriptions. I had sinus surgery July 14th and my doctor increased my Flonase dosage from 2 sprays in each nostril twice a day to 4 sprays in each nostril twice a day.

The first prescription was sent in electronically in July, shortly after my surgery. OptumRx canceled the order. My doctor sent another electronic prescription on 9/12 and I called to make sure they received it and find out why they never processed the first order. It is important to note that I have successfully filled prescriptions with OptumRx before but they have apparently changed their electronic prescription policy and failed to notify their members.

We must now call in to confirm that we want the electronic prescriptions from our doctors filled. Congratulations, OptumRx, you have successfully taken the convenience out of electronic prescriptions! After spending 25 minutes on the phone, the representative told me the order was on hold but she talked to the pharmacy and had the hold released. She put a rush on the order and said I should have it within a week.

10 days go by and no medication so I call them up. This time the representative tells me the order is closed which she said meant it had shipped. Since I didn't see any charges on my credit card, I asked when the order was shipped and when I should expect to receive it. She takes another look and says the order was canceled but said she couldn't tell me why.

I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor told me the order was canceled because I had filled a 30 day supply at my local pharmacy. I told her that I had to fill that since OptumRx had failed to ship the medication out in the timeline they had promised and I had run out of my medication. She apologized but said she could not place another order until the 22nd.

I asked her if OptumRx would be willing to overnight the medication without additional cost since they had already caused two delays on my order. She agreed and said she put a note on my account. Today is the 22nd so I called in to place my order and was told they are unable to fill the prescription because they now need a prior authorization from my doctor. When I asked why they hadn't mentioned this in the two previous phone calls, the customer service rep laughed.

I am certainly not amused! I emailed my doctor while on the phone with OptumRx and they sent the authorization. Surprise, surprise, OptumRx claims they have not received it.

This is a simple, inexpensive, non-narcotic medication that OptumRx has filled in the past without any need for a pre-authorization. It seems to me that OptumRx has a clearly established pattern of preventing patients from getting the medications they need.

Review about: Optumrx Prescription Refill.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments