1.4
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

In January 2016 my doctor called in a prescription for Glucophage. OptumRx called me and said there will be a 32.00$ charge.

I told her not to send it. I called my doctor and told him to call in metformin, he did. OptumRx call a day or two later because of with holding the rest of my pills. I told her not to send it if it's not free, she said "there is no charge for the glucophage" I told her to send it if there is no charge.

One day later they called me about the 32.00 charge again,and the that played out another 6 to 7 calls after that. I paid ther 32 so I can get my Diabitic meds. So they have you by the balls.

They were endangering my life so I had no choice but to pay. And I will be calling ssa..

Product or Service Mentioned: Optumrx Glucophage Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I liked: Some reps who tried to help.

I didn't like: Lies.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 05, 2017.

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1298837

I have no idea where you are located, but many pharmacies will provide metformin for free. Meijer and Walmart being the two I know of.

They give you a 30 day supply, usually. Walmart's prices for common drugs like Metformin are usually rather cheap even for a 90 day supply.

Do some research online into which stores do this, verify it with the pharmacy and have your doctor call or send via computer the prescription direct to the pharmacy of your choice. Spending $32 for Metformin---that's Glucophage, as you know---is not the way to go.