Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

This company has no idea what they are doing and their staff are clueless.I paid $70.00 for a 3 month, 90 day supply of Androgel and when it was received, I only received 30 days worth.

I called to request that the remainder of my prescription be shipped and they told me that I was only approved for 1 month by my doctor and that I would have to submit a request for a refund. I spoke with my doctor and that was not the case. He approved the full 90 day supply. Even if he had only approved 1 month, OptumRX charged me for 3 months and should have filled the 3, even if they had to contact my doctor again the following month.

I submitted my refund request and it was denied on the grounds that "it was filled too soon for payable benefit". If that were true they would have denied it in the first place. I've only ordered this medication once at the time that it was due (at the time they invited me to refill though their emails) and I paid the full price. But they failed to ship what was paid for.

On top of that, I received a letter in the mail stating that as a member of OptumRX I HAD to choose if I was going to fill my prescriptions through them, or if I was going to get them at a local pharmacy, and that I had two months to choose or I would have to pay full price for my prescriptions. With how they handled the Androgel prescription, there was no way I was going to continue ordering this med from them, but since they have been previously filling my Lipitor prescription correctly, I did want to continue using them for that prescription. But I had to choose to use them or don't, and pay full price. I had no choice but to close my account with them altogether so I could continue filling my prescriptions at a local pharmacy.

I've considered contacting them to dispute their unfair decision not to refund the amount I was over charged but know that if I do, I will most likely be in for another argument with an incompetent phone representative and I really don't want to have to deal with this. I'm just hoping that they don't continue to try and force me to fill though them or end up charging me full price for my needed prescriptions after two months goes by filling at a local pharmacy. Stay away from this company. I've used mail order pharmacies in the past and for the most part, my prescriptions were always handled correctly.

But not here.

These people are idiots and will do whatever it takes to get more from you than they deserve, pressure you to remain a member, and then not provide you what you paid for.AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Review about: Optumrx Androgel Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Being able to order 90 day supply.

I didn't like: Received only 30-day supply - paid for 90-day supply.

Perryville, Missouri, United States #1320314

I was in the gap i ordered my med it was 140.00 copay the next month i ordered it was 180.00 . I asked why the increase "I don't know that's what came up on the computer says" seems like they hike their prices at will.