Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

I quit using the mail order because they incorrectly filled every prescription, also incorrectly filled my daughters prescriptions. It was safer to pay more to have them filled at the local pharmacy.

Fast forward, now I am 5 weeks post op with a complicated recovery, the incision did not heal, dead tissue had to be cut away weeks after the surgery, still very painful.

Optum RX denied my refill of painkillers, even after my physicians office spent 45 minutes on the phone with them, filling out a PA. They still denied, citing it is more than their allowed quantity. It is less than the quantity they cited. They would not allow me to speak with the denier, insisting only the physician can appeal the denial.

They should not have the right to deny what my physician ordered in the first place. They are not surgeons. They can't see and smell the complication. My physician should not have to spend billable hours on the phone to make them do their job.

I'm contacting my Human Resources to ask that they be replaced as RX vendor.

In the past, I was one of the decision makers for selecting RX vendors at several businesses. I will be sure to contact my old coworkers to express my dissatisfaction with Optum RX.

Reason of review: denied prescribed Rx.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Multiple repeated calls on same issue, Bad business ethics, Unaccountable, Policies, Inappropriate denials.

Comments