1.9
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

My breathing med lapsed because OptumRx stopped processing paperwork for its renewal. I then spent 105 minutes and talked to 7 reps to get assurances it wouud ship express same day. 2 fays later, they are sending, not overnight.

They are converting the Catamaran database and having some "problems". I am not in both databases with same id. They said that my insurance had lapsed and it was my company's fault. It was theirs since they had not converted data yet. Hows about not going live with bad data and then training people to look in both areas.

Put out a Facebook message about the experience. Bad press may make them sit up and do something.

This person wrote the review because of "multiples of above categories" at Optumrx. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Optumrx to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Optumrx and optumrx customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

From my experience. Optum is not the problem.

The insurance company is the one denying the prior authorization for the medications. Optum is the mail order company that fills the prescriptions. A lot of times the Dr. will tell the patient that they sent in a script, responded to the prior authorization request and most of the time the Dr.

did not do any such thing. The decisions to approve or deny a script is made by the plan. With Medicare, if a script you were taking last year and this year the script is requiring a prior authorization, Medicare is the one that decided that script would not be approved without a prior authorization. I have my script filled through Optum Rc and before that it was Catamaran Rx I have never had a problem.

You have to understand the script is coming by mail. It takes time to receive the script.

I am told to call 14 days prior to running out. I do that and don't have any issues with the order getting to me in time.