OptumRx would not approve coverage for the medication that I was trying to refill without prior doctor authorization. After receiving authorization from my doctor, they determined it was not adequate.

I would have to first have an adverse reaction to a different medication they suggested I try. Why bother going to see a doctor when someone from OptumRx is going to decide which medication you take? How can they override your doctor's treatment plan? To make it worse, the medication OptumRx suggested I use was over $200 even after coverage was applied.

I can't afford that.

Luckily, my doctor was able to help me get the same medication I've been taking by giving me a coupon from the manufacturer of the medicine. I guess this is a good way for OptumRx to make their money, but it sure is a rotten thing to do to people who need medication.

Review about: Optumrx Prescription Refill.

Comments

You do understand that the insurance company is the one who decides whether a medication needs a prior authorization or not. I work for a doctors office and have nothing but good experiences with OptumRx. Optumrx is no different from walgreens.