3.5
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

My husband had to order meds one week ago when he realized he did not have enough insulin and BP meds to make it through a one month visit outside the country. We called Optum RX, ordered them ASAP, and suggested we pay for expedited delivery so they'd get here inside the week we had left!

When they didn't show on the 6th day, we called the company to track where they were and were told they hadn't been shipped yet! I have had a good experience with Optum RX for a few years now, so, when my husband reached the "donut hole" and we were forced to pay very high prices for his insulin pens, along with other very necessary meds for his blood pressure, I urged him to switch to Optum RX to save money. Everything was fine for a few months, until this week. The rep never acknowledged whether expedited delivery was a possibility, but instead kept saying that because the insulin was sent overnight ( since it needs refrigeration), that we should be fine.

Although he also repeated a message that it might not show up for 7-10 business days. I reminded him of our dilemma a couple of times, but only got the same response. There was no attempt to address our hope of having it sent a faster way. Today when I called, they advised me to go to a local pharmacy and ask them to call Optum in order to quickly transfer the prescription and get it locally.

We did that, but were told that mail-order pharmacies took at least 48 hours to process! Eventually I had to call the doctor at his home, he sent a brand new script to a local store, and we now have avoided a potentially life- threatening situation! I am so disappointed in Optum Rx for the rep's lack of response to our situation. The company should work out a policy for emergencies so that no one gets put in this scary position!

If OptumRX is interested in improving this very dangerous situation, I believe our conversation was recorded.

It was order #199977011 on Oct. 16th, 2016.

Product or Service Mentioned: Expedited Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Lack of help with our life-threatening dilemma.

Comments