1.8
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

I have used a vaginal cream called Estrace and the generic is Estradiol,for many years.In the past it was 3 tubes for abt $25.00 copay, with the last company it was 3 tubes for $60.00.

When I went to pick up my refill from OptumRX it was ONE tube for $150.00 copay. This is the same product but this company has moved it from Tier 1 to Tier 4. And it is a generic product. Called the company first I was told I could get 3 for $100.00 copay then learned that was patches not cream.

Second person told me I could get 2 tubes for $100.00. Third person said we don't carry that cream but we have patches or pills only. We only carry Premerin cream. I refused it because of how it is made, from mares kept in stall, kept pregnant and their urine is collected.

Too cruel for me. I tried filling out their claim form for pre authorization and was denied. Now CALPERS what do I do? I have never been afraid with the choices CALPERS has made in choosing a different pharmacutial company every 5 yrs ( since 1962) but I am this time.

Also this company will only deal with ONE pharmacy Walgreens, if you want a 90 day supply. You can go to other drug stores but are only allowed a 30 day supply. But to be fair friends with different companies are being treated the same way. They too are being forced to use the mail order system which is also another nightmare.

I am almost 82 and this process since January has been stressful.

Thanks for listening.Have to leave now and call OptumRX for the 7th day in two weeks!

Review about: Optumrx Estradiol Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Being hung up on while getting to rep, Treatment and lack of solution, Messages on phone too fast to understand for hard of hearing.

Had an Experience with OptumRx?

Comments

I too despise the greed of Optum. Have you considered contacting the manufacturer directly and seeing if you qualify for assistance? Or try one of the coupon, (goodrx) companies.