I received an email from their customer service requesting that I call them with regards to a new prescription that required a substantial co-pay. When I heard what the prescription was, I immediately knew that there was an error. I declined the service and refused to give them a CC no.

They shipped the prescription anyway . I could not tell them *not* to ship until I had received the order (about 10 days later) and then had to go through the rigamarole of requesting a prepaid shipping return container. They haven't corrected my account yet, but I'm hopeful that it will come to pass.

As far as the correct replacement meds--well it's been 3 weeks and nothing--just notifications of delays. Mind you, the Rx wasn't for anything unusual--just some plain KCl tablets.

My recommendation is that you have your physician direct initial prescriptions to a local pharmacy. Once you've got a 90-day supply, then you *might* consider transferring your prescription to this outfit.

Or not.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. This person is overall dissatisfied with OptumRx. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about OptumRx.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Drug Stores and Drugs category for more informed decision or compare OptumRx to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with OptumRx?

Comments

AlynnP
Lenexa, Kansas, United States #1249982

Next time you are sent a medication that you didnt order, dont sign for it.One thing that they dont tell customers is that they have to accept medications back and they have to offer to refund you.

If the advocate doesnt tell you this, request a supervisor.

If the supervisor doesnt help you, request their manager.This is their chain of command.