My doctor sent a prescription in to OptumRX and soon after I was charged $300.I never authorized this and would never agree to pay this much for a birth control pill when there are plenty of birth control pills out there that are free.

You would think they would take the time to call you and let you know the medication costs this much before they charge you and ship it. In the long run it would save them money as now the medication has to be destroyed.

When I called them they said so sad too bad we can't give you a refund until I asked to speak to a supervisor.I am getting a full refund and If I don't I will go to the higher power!

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with OptumRx. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about OptumRx.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Drug Stores and Drugs category for more informed decision or compare OptumRx to other companies on our site.

Comments

All birth control is supposed to be free under the affordable care act.

to mi Jacksonville, Florida, United States #959611

Unfortunately, the insurance companies have a way to get around that.

to Anonymous #959693

And then you report them to the insurance commissioner in your state.Sit back and watch them get a fine.Also when I do this they tend to pay all my stuff right away.They only can get around it if you let them.They must follow the new healthcare law or be fined.Problem is to many people don't know their rights and let them get away with it.