1.2
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

Update by user Mar 30

This Kafka nightmare with OpyumRx continues.Even though the phone rep agreed that I had a zero balance, I am unable to refill medication.

They put a "Balance Restriction" on my account. I was bounced to three different reps. The last rep said "it should have been removed", but it wasn't and no one can find out exactly why. Said it would take up to seven business days to remove this from my account.

I will run out of medication by the time they straighten it out and ship the medicine. Very early this AM an OptumRx rep phoned me offering to "help fill (my) medication." Being an optimist, I said sure, but, nope, the Balance Restriction was still listed on my account. As usual, within this awful company, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Major lack of communication.

This is a subsidiary of AARP. Another big business to stay away from.

Newsflash, one does not have to be a member to receive any of their discounts.Do not contribute to these scam artists.

Update by user Mar 27

Talk about OptumRx racketeering....my husband who has no rx insurance just paid $15.99, cash for the exact same rx I got 2 weeks ago.I paid $33.00, and Optum Rx "charged" me $55.00!

OptumRx is terrible, avoid at all costs.It's better to pay the cash and not go into the coverage gap aka donut hole.

Original review posted by user Mar 24

I ordered medication from OptumRx.For whatever reason they did not charge my credit card.

I received a bill which I paid, in full. My check cleared. The charge showed up on my credit card statement. I filed a dispute with the credit card and they took the charge off.

I received a refund check from Optum. I returned the check. A bill for the same charge was sent 2/28/17, and another bill dated 3/2/17. The second bill stated it was from a collection agency.

I spoke with a representative and she insisted I had a second charge for the same amount. I did not have a second charge. This fact can be easily ascertained. This deceptiveness appears to be the norm for Optum.

And Optum is an affiliate of AARP. OptumRx also has trouble getting medication orders correct. It frequently takes several communications from my doctors for them to even fill the prescriptions. They are also good at jacking the co-pays 2000%, yes, 2000%.

This puts the drug into a higher "tier", ergo they can charge more. It also puts the person into the "coverage gap" sooner. Again, so they can collect more and cover less. OptumRx also increases their premiums approximately 20 - 25% every year.

Egregious company with egregious practices.AVOID

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Have billing/payment department audited for accuracy.

Had an Experience with OptumRx?

Comments