2.0
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

Update by user May 04, 2016

My problem is consistent. Every single time I need a new prescription, I have to spend hours on the phone.

My Doctors office refuses to call OptumRX because their staff spends at least 30 minutes per patient, per prescription on the phone. It's like it was designed to make customers and doctors offices angry.

Original review posted by user May 03, 2016

OptumRX basically bullies you into using their mail order pharmacy. After you start using it, they can NEVER get anything right the first time.

When my Doctor tries to submit a prescription, they claim they never received it. I have to talk to my Doctor and get them to re-submit, which is NEVER received again. I have to get involved yet again. When I start yelling at Optum RX customer Service agents, miraculously, the order appears as if from thin air.

But this process takes at least 2 - 3 weeks. My wife is a diabetic and we have been waiting to get a refill authorization for her insulin since April 19th. It is now May 3rd. And her order still says "in progress".

I just got off the phone and of course, they are still waiting for authorization even though my doctors office has spoken to them 3 times about this already.

I have had it with this mail order ***. I never had any issues with ANY retail pharmacy.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. sthom21f25 is overall dissatisfied with Optumrx. The most disappointing about optumrx insulin prescription refill at Optumrx was lack of customer service, no notification and customer service was not helpful Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Optumrx.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Pharmacy category for more informed decision or compare Optumrx to other companies on our site.

Comments

Hollywood, Florida, United States #1205019

look up the number for CMS online and report them. They are bullies and they are bullying the customers to use their mail order. They are also auditing all the mom & pop pharmacies and taking so much money back from them for not keeping good records of customers signatures (even if the customer says hat they got the medication, if the pharmacy can't locate the signature from 18 months ago, they take money back from the pharmacies) then they cancel the contract and take the customers to Optum Mail order.