2.0
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

OptumRx on Pissed off customer.

I completely agree with previous customers.I've been trying to get an Rx filled for 29 days.

They have approved this Rx for 6 years. It needs a pre-authorization which has been done many times, but always a hassle since they give the MD less that 48 hours to respond. They often send it to appeals which takes even longer. This time, after my MD has responded and called 3 times and was finally told it was approved, Optum says they never talked with her.

I talked with 5 reps for over an hour two days ago. Most of the customer service reps have different, even crazy, answers. I emailed my MD today to tell her to give up on OptumRx. I'll just pay for my RX.

I though I'd check OptumRx.com website just in case the pre auth was approved.

Now I've spent another 65 minutes and counting working with tech support to help with log in. Since Optum updated their website several months ago, I have not been able to log in. I'm a tech person, so I know how to log in. I really want to use their website so I never have to talk with customer support again.

Guess what - I've talked to 5 people who just can't figure out the log in problem. Mostly nice, except the person who pretended she couldn't hear me so she didn't have to solve the problem. I've had 2 case numbers assigned and neither seem to work. I'm finally told that I have to wait a couple of days for someone in tech to call back with a solution ....

or more questions.

I give up.how soon can I change my Rx insurance?????

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Bad business ethics.

Comments