Prescription Services

There are not enough words to describe how horrible Optum RX is. I have been unable to use their pricing function or see my claims for 6 MONTHS.

I have sent message after message after message and their response is always one of the following "we can see all your info, everything looks fine to us, you must be using the wrong browser" (yet it doesn't work from any browser, and doesn't work on their app) "We are currently updating our website, sorry for the inconvenience blah blah blah" "If you call us, we can price your meds for you" so...every time my Dr suggests trying something different, I have to call you to see how much it will be??? uh, that is what the pricing function is for! The drug list doesn't work either. I look at the drug list and it tells me something is tier 1, generic, I message and ask for the price since the pricing function STILL doesn't work, and they say the med is not covered per my plans drug list.

Uh....????? If I could change my coverage and drop Optum/UHC I would do it without a second thought. I have one medication that despite being listed as a tier 1 on my drug list, confirmed with a phone call to them, no matter how the pharmacy runs it, it requests prior auth. I had the pharmacist call Optums pharmacy help line and they couldn't even figure it out!

Finally, back when the pricing function worked and I could see the NDC for the drug, I called the pharmacy myself and read off the number to them.

They finally got it to work, but, only for the specific manufacture, so, even though there are many generic versions of this med, and according to UHC/Optum themselves, they are all covered as tier 1, every month the pharmacy has to order in this one manufacture for me. Get it together Optum!

Product or Service Mentioned: Optumrx Website.

Preferred solution: Get your website working properly! .

I didn't like: Lack of communication, Blaming the customer, Never resolving anything.

Comments