This happens every time my prescription is up for renewal. Optum RX tells me my prescription is up for renewal, and they ask me if I would like for them to fax my doctor to renew it? I say "yes please do so".

Then 30 days comes around, (OPTUM keeps me on a very short leash, only 30 days supply and I must go through them!!!), and they didn't fax the renewal because they didn't print the fax number of my doctor's office on the form their people were using. Worse yet, no one at OPtum even bothered to LOOK THE FAX NUMBER UP OR CALL MY DOCTOR OR CALL ME TO GET THE NUMBER!!!

They just keep on keeping on providing substandard service, through a whole army of incompetent employees, pretending to be able to administer life saving drugs and act like a pharmacy.

They are no more of a pharmacy than any fly by night hustler schlepping pills. They are gatekeepers for the major insurance companies.

Believe me you have to work at it to get your medicine out of this place. Furthermore, they WILL RUN YOU OUT OF MEDICINE, as you wait for them to work through their web of processes and procedures to fix the very problems that they create.

The simple solution to fixing this is as follows: Return patient care to the patients and doctors. Bring the neighborhood pharmacist back who provides actual customer service and instruction on how to use the medication. Close the doors of places like OPTUM.

What a terrible company.

rfrueh wrote the review because of order processing issue at Optumrx. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Optumrx to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was incompetent employees and disfunctional business model. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Optumrx and optumrx prescription refill for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

rvees
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States #943999

this is so true!!! this company is doing this *** on purpose. They must get bonuses when people can't refill their meds.