I went online to transfer one of my meds to mail-order thinking it would be more convenient that way. Boy, was I wrong.

First, they tell me that my doctor didn't respond, so I have to contact the doctor to have him send in my prescription. Ok, well I had a prescription, just needed a transfer. So, no. I'll just forget the whole thing and go to my local pharmacy, as I need the med and they can fill it today.

If they want me to use the service, then they can do the work. I'm thinking its over and I'm all back to the normal way of doing things, when a month later I open my mailbox and there are meds in there. A whole bottle of 90 pills of a medication I didn't need or want. I get on the phone, I say that they told me it wasn't coming, then it shows up.

I don't want it, plus it's not even the right medication, I need the brand and they sent me a generic (my doctor always writes my med for the brand). I'm told that I have to keep it, can't return it, no refund. The rep then tells me that if I want the branded I have to have my doctor call it in. Uh, nope.

I gave you a chance. I'm officially never using you again. I then do need my actual branded med, so I call it in to my local pharmacy. Pharmacist calls me back and tells me he can't refill it because I received 90 pills of the generic and insurance company won't let him.

He calls optum and they tell him that he can't override it and that I, the patient, has to call. So, I call and they tell me I can't override it, my pharmacist has to call. WTF? Long story short, my local pharmacist sorted it all out and gave me exceptional customer service.

Meanwhile, optum told me to deal with it.

Offered me no advice or help. Steer clear of the company if you can.

Review about: Optumrx Prescription Refill.

Comments