1.5
Prescription Services

My experiences with OptumRX over the course of several years would indicate that their abysmal customer service is actually worse and declining rapidly. The latest? My ophthalmologist sent a 90-day prescription directly to my insurance company's "preferred" mail order prescription service on 7/18. I received an email on 7/21 stating I needed to contact Optum RX before my order could be filled. I called OptumRX on 7/22 responding to the email and confirming shipment address (which is different from my home address) and subsequently confirming delivery by 7/28 - ten days following receipt of the prescription - through "Stephanie. You guessed it - no delivery on the 28th. Or the 29th or 30th. Instead, I receive a second email on July 30th stating that before the order could be processed, I needed to contact Optum RX again.

Today's phone call to them indicated that not only was the order unfulfilled, but it was never processed. "Needing prior authorization" and updating a credit card account that had been closed due to fraud with the replacement were their reasons. Hence the questions:

1. Why didn't Stephanie ask for that information?

2. Why did Stephanie give me a delivery date if it needed "prior" authorization? The ophthalmologist who wrote the prescription should be noted for having several medical degrees, this medication has been prescribed for at least the last five years and my insurance pays for it given my medical history. And who did they go to to obtain that prior authorization? My opthalmologist.

3. "Well, historically you have it filled at Kroger". What does that matter? And if you really knew your stuff, over a year ago I had it filled at Kroger SAME DAY because twenty-one days had passed since the prescription had been placed in OptumRX's hands and still no medication.

4. When I questioned the date that it was filled at Kroger, Stephanie's coworker replied, "I don't know". Then how can you offer that "historically" it was filled at Kroger? And what does that matter? Optum RX consistently sends mailings outlining what medications I can switch to their company and save money. (only if I want to receive it sometime this decade...)

So do you really want my business or not? My answer - based on their actions - is no.

OptumRX is my rotten tomato award winner.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Optumrx. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Optumrx to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was delay tactics, lack of honesty, late or undelivered prescriptions and delayed responses. If you have a chance, please contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Optumrx and optumrx restasis prescription refill for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments