The truth is that AARP is really United Health Care. The AARP title is to lull seniors into a false sense of security.

And the truth is that UHC owns OptumRx. If you have AARP, you can't get away from OptumRx. After two yrs of pure torture using OptumRx for my scripts (I won't go into details. Suffice it to say that all the complaints previously mentioned happened to me), I decided to change to a pharmacy that I trusted and that was close to my home.

I breathed a sigh of relief. Finally no more dealing with the pharm from ***. Wrong!!! I received a letter from OptumRx stating that one of my pain meds, that I had been on for many years, now needed to be pre authorized.

What?? What did OptumRx have to do with my meds? I had quit them, canceled my credit card, and left their incompetence long behind me. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

It seems that OptumRx administrated all meds that are ordered through your AARP Medicare Part D coverage. They have the final say. Not your doctor or your trusted pharmacist. I spent two hours on the phone with AARP, and my md's office spent weeks trying to iron this out.

AARP called me today for "follow-up", and to tell me that, after weeks of aggravation and frustration, that the letter had been an error, and that my med did not need a pre auth. The level of incompetence is mind boggling. And when I lost my temper, the rep who called acted like I was the ***, not them. I guess I was supposed to appreciate that they "cared" enough to call.

October can't come soon enough so I can kick these morons to the curb. I can only hope that there is a honest and competent company out there to switch to!

Review about: Optumrx Prescription Refill.

Comments

Report them to your states insurance commissioner.Then report them to medicare.It is all insurance companies acting out like this now.I could write a book on what humana has put me and my family thru.If more people would report these thieves maybe something could finally be done.Good Luck