2.1
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services

I used OptumRx for a while and had some frustrations with their website not always working correctly for mail-order. I tried to refill my prescription through their website, and encountered some issues putting the order through. I needed to update my credit card info, and every time I would submit it, the website just reloaded a blank form. So, I was unable to submit my credit card info and unable to place the order. I attempted this several times in multiple web browsers and continued having trouble. (I am a web designer and am very comfortable using computers, and I do not have this kind of trouble with other websites, so I know it wasn't me)

I tried again a couple days later, but my medication refill was no longer showing up. Confused, I called the pharmacy and spoke to someone there. They insisted that my refill wasn't showing up because I was out of refills- except that I know I was not out of refills because I had another refill left and just had it in my shopping cart the other day. They insisted I was wrong about this. I pushed further, and then they said that my refill was "discontinued". I asked what that meant, and they said it meant that my doctor must have contacted them and asked them to cancel the script. I know my doctor did not do this.

I called a local CVS pharmacy to get the script transferred there so I could go pick it up. When CVS spoke with OptumRx, OptumRx told them they couldn't transfer the script because they had already transferred it to another pharmacy. CVS asked for this other pharmacy's number so that they could contact them instead, and OptumRx said they didn't know.

Thus, OptumRx transferred my script to another pharmacy, had no record of doing so, was unable to tell me they did this, and was unable to provide a contact number for this other pharmacy. How they transferred a script to a pharmacy they have no contact info for is beyond me.

In the meantime, I've made 16 phone calls back and forth between pharmacies and my doctor's office, and have run out of medication. I'm in physical withdrawal and am trying to be functional at work and throughout my daily life while withdrawing from medication that I need, that OptumRx should have been able to provide me with. The medication I'm on is readily available as a generic and is not a controlled substance, so it should not be this difficult to get a simple refill.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. pinecone stated that there is a room for improvement of order fulfillment and incompetent employees. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of prescription refill. Optumrx needs to have the product delivered according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned prescription refill in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Optumrx.

Comments

rvees
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States #943995

mafia medicine

They more than likely kept the scrip for themselves.I worked pharmacy many years and seen pharmacists and techs both doing this but management never cared because the pharmacists word is law to them.