3.9K views

I SO agree with the complaint from JazznJavaSF. I, too, used Prescription Solutions for many years until the were taken over by OptumRx and I never - or seldom - had a problem. Now, every month I get closer to having a heart attack, panic attack, hiatal hernia attack and any other attack available to me after dealing with these people. I kid you not, EVERY month involves at least 4-5 phone calls. I even wrote to the CEO and let him know what was going on........like he really cares! .

These people, in addition to not being well trained or even smart, are the most outrageous liars. If you call them 4 times for an issue (I usually call more than that), they will give you 5 answers. Yes, you read right. I called once and in one conversation they gave me 2 different and opposite answers - both of which turned out to be wrong.

There is also a billing problem. It is impossible to reach their billing department. They simply won't put you through. I order two meds at a time to be overnighted together. They are due the same time so I see no reason why they should be handled separately. The first pain med finally got here and I was charged the overnight charges. I also had a non-narcotic med (which is strangely unaffected by their professed "processing" time. I boldly noted that this SHOULD NOT be overnighted. Additionally I attached a separate note saying the same thing. They sent the no-rush med and charged me the overnight charges and it was days before I received the second pain med and they charged me the overnight charges AGAIN. Do I have to tell you I'm not paying the $15 for EACH shipment? Three overnight charges for what could have gone out in one package? C'mon guys. I'm not the billionaire. You are confusing me with the CEO of your company.

I am 70 years old and have several conditions which cause me horrendous pain. My caring doctor has prescribed 2 narcotics but since I live in the drug capital (??) of Florida, I cannot buy either of these in local pharmacies. I have a poverty plan with United Healthcare for meds only and THEY OWN OPTUMRX. I call to complain every month but I'll give you 3 guesses who they defend. Yesterday I spent hours on the phone calling government agencies but I got caught in the bureaucratic loop, with everyone telling me to call someone else - sometimes the very people who told me to call them. I should move to a country where they actually honor and respect their older citizens. Oh, wait, I can't afford it. I don't eat THAT many pop tarts.

I order 2 narcotic meds at a time which my doctor can't prescribe until the day before they are due for renewal (may be specific to Florida) and then have to pay $15.00 overnight charges (which is taken from my already unhealthy food budget). OptumRx then sits on the prescriptions with a myriad of excuses - "Your drug company (US Healthcare) denied them [not true], we never got it [not true], we have to verify this with your doctor [doubt that since they have a valid prescription], the dog ate the prescription. Then I have to wait 7 days or more for them to process the scripts, which I'm sure is done by machine. The order form I send them tells them in red marker, underlines and highlighted in addition to a repetitive hand-written note, to overnight the meds back (another $15 out of my food money - now down to buying nutritious pop tarts from the dollar store for meals). Now, overnight to me means it's mailed Monday and I get it Tuesday. Right? Today is 1/5/13 and I have been given several different delivery dates by OptumRX as to when I will be receiving the meds. Would you be surprised to hear I still don't have the meds?

All this time since I received the prescription from my doctor (12/18) - [remember, the med runs out on 12/19] I have been in severe pain but nobody gives a ***. I MIGHT be able to get them on the east coast of FL but I can’t afford the gas and my SIL’s car has preceded me in death. NOT ONE government agency did a single thing to help me. Where do we get off calling ourselves a "caring" country. At 70 years old I have finally become a total cynic.

I am totally heart-sick (as well as body-sick) that we treat our seniors so poorly. I know I sound flippant about all this, but if it weren’t for my humor I would crawl into a hole and put it in after me, or become another Sybil. As it is, I just sit in my room all day because it hurts too much to walk around. My doctor asks me if I am getting any exercise and I just laugh. She understands what I mean. Am I eating well? Pop Tarts (dollar store equivalent, of course) taste just fine when you’re hungry.

For those people who tell me to just change insurance companies I tell them I can’t. I have TWO choices here in Florida: US Healthcare or one another (who it isn’t necessary to name). The second company’s co-pays are just way too high for me and I can’t afford them.

I know nothing will come of this but at least, if JazznJavaSF reads this s/he will know they aren’t being paranoid……that this problem isn’t their fault. If there are two of us, you can bet there are loads more.

I may be old but I'm feisty and these people just don't know who they are messing with. I'll be the squeaky wheel and I'd scream from the rooftops if I could get up there. Y'think 60 Minutes will read this? ***! SOMEBODY has to care.

Review about: Optumrx Prescription Refill.

Comments

If you want to see how much they care, note that their "contact us" web page lists the phone number for "Customer Service, Mail Order Pharmacy" as 000-000-0000

Hackensack, New Jersey, United States #724656

I agree, it is the worst company that I ever knew, so far not a single time they were able to fill a prescription without messing up somehow. Their web site is full of broken links. For the past 6 months they are working "to fix the problem", their IT department is full of incompetent tech incapable of maintaining a web site working properly.

What good is a Company now days if they can maintain their website?

Seem that they forget that they are working with medicines that sick people need instead of potatoes .

Detroit, Michigan, United States #714840

They don't. Care about the customer health.they havfilling my prescription long but because of the pain meds I'm on ,they had DR.

Try to.change it.I have medical problem that give chronic pain and only going to get worst. And what I'm taking is only making it tolarble,which is fine with me,I have had strong meds did do well and when they start adding this coating to them it sent me to the hospital ,because a thick gel from the coat was in my intestine and throat it wasn't breaking down in my body.everyone body is diffrent every body is not trying to get high just live with alittle less pain.they are not going to stop people from getting high, they find somethingelse to use and you may be push some people who really need the pain meds right out there to the streets .

Marina Del Rey, California, United States #712578

Awful, awful service!

Portland, Oregon, United States #711644

Optimum RX is the worst run company I have ever encountered. I have had everything imaginable happen: Lost identity; lost prescrptions; send prescriptions not ordered by physician and many more.Will definitely be switching to another insurer where Optimus RX is NOT involved

Bearface

Lets whine some more about how hard life is. Boohoo. Switch providers.

to Bearface #1172158

Not that easy ***! Obama Care ruined this country!

Marietta, Georgia, United States #708883

ok , so I just got my script in the mail today...after waiting 2 weeks for it and suffering because it was late... so I opened the package , I was to get 84 pills which I only got 51, so I called and all they say is its double counted !!!!

well I think someone in the shipping department stole the pills as the package inside the ups envelope was cut open just enough to take out the bottle....now what do I do ?

this is for a pain medication that I desperately need to take, I know there is no way to prove this but this is just BULLSH%&!!!! After waiting 2 weeks for my meds this is what I get any advice would be greatly appreciated larlan13@yahoo.com

to Larry #710488

If the envelope was cut or opened in any way, you should call the customer service line and explain that to them. They will connect you with a pharmacist immediately--and, if they do not do so, that is against protocol and you should request a supervisor.

You have to let these people know every detail about why you do not have the entire quantity of medication, otherwise they will try to spin some explanation to you. I worked there (you may see some of my replies to others) until now, for school.

If it is only that your doctor did not prescribe the correct quantity, then that is a different story--and that may have been what they inferred (I am not entirely sure), so just let them know you believe your medication was tampered with in the mail. Hope this helps!

to Larry #719766

they actually can prove it one way or another..you can request a reweigh which would indicate the weight of the package..also complain to ups...don'tgive up.

to Larry #737382

they hav e to go back and do a reweigh.the fda should be notified also because it is a narcotic.

San Jose, California, United States #704426

Optiumrx is the worst Pharmacy in the Country. They have so screwed up my prescriptions that I don't even want to go into details.

Let's just say if you have a choice of pharmacies don't choose them.

K G.

Stevens Point, Wisconsin, United States #699804

this is the worst company I have ever dealt with. they don't know what they are doing - the customer service reps act like idiots.

they claim they called me three times concerning my order.

I never heard once from them - only after waiting over a week I contacted them and they told me my credit card was declined.

the card is active and has never been declined. I will never use them and I will tell everybody I know what complete idiots they are.

Mesa, Arizona, United States #691052

very rude reps on the phone,dont understand that it takes 10 business days for a prescription.how does this company survive.Again the reps dont care and always getting transferred.NEVER AGAIN

Santa Monica, California, United States #690834

You guys are *** OptumRX belongs to UHC. OptumRx is Prescription Solutions they just shortened the name from Prescription Solutions by OptumRX.

The training is a month long. It mail order so call in advance and pay on time to avoid any delays.

I have been forced by my insurance to use Prescription Solutions, now known as Optum Rx for over 15 years. The service is horrible, the customer service reps are not trained, if you call 5 times you will get 5 different answers.

Rarely I have gotten a customer service rep who actually tries to help, so I imagine those that do help customers are fired. This company does everything it can to rip off the customers, they change prescriptions, change suppliers, change doses, all in the name of ripping off the customer. For 15 years, it's been one HUGE mistake after another. In January they charged my account over $300 dollars for scripts that were never ordered, it forced my back account into overdraft status.

Thank goodness the bank understood, they canceled the Optum Rx charges, and refunded my overdraft charges.

Optum Rx formally known as Precripstion Solutions is the most poorly run company in the US, and why employers don't do something I will never understand. :(

to cleanup63 #737384

find yourself a local pharmacy.this pharmacy you deal with only has profit in mind.

Delray Beach, Florida, United States #683817

my husband uses that miserable excuse of a company as well. experiences the same exact problems, but more and worse.

grievance after grievance by THEIR OWN SUPERVISORS!!! AND YOU WONDER WHY PPL GO INTO BUSINESSES WITH SHOTGUNS AND BLOW THE BRAINS (OR WHATEVER IS IN THEIR HEAD CUZ THEY HAVE NONE)ALL OVER.

I HAVE NEVER WISHED BAD ON ANYBODY TILL I MOVED TO THIS GOD FORSAKEN HELLHOLE CALLED FLORIDA! :upset :sigh :? :cry :(

Louisville, Kentucky, United States #682255

These guys are REALLY slow at processing orders so you better order WELL in advance of the time you need the prescriptions or you will never get them on time. I suggest at least three weeks ahead of time.

Their 2nd-day delivery is a myth. Save yourself 6 bucks. If the Insurance company (Anthem) hadn't switched me from Silver Scripts I never would have left them.

They also held up one of my orders because they claimed I owed them $2.

I don't get it. They have my credit card number. Why didn't they just charge the 2 bucks and be done with it.

Obviously very bad management upstairs.

Largo, Florida, United States #665542

optum rx suggest I switch to herion for pain management instead of using prescription drugs from pain management dr. Stated would be easier to get and wouldn't hurt their bottom line!