2.5
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

I was supposed to receive a 90 day supply of blood pressure medicine. I take two per day = 180 pills.

They sent 60 pills and I can’t get it refilled until the 90 days are up. I’ve tried 3 times to get this corrected. All three times were the same. I spoke with a nice person who was very apologetic who then had to talk with a pharmacist to make sure they should have sent 180 instead of 60 and then they had to talk with someone they call their lead to determine how to get it corrected.

Each time they told me it would be corrected and I would receive an email within 48 hrs telling me the pills have shipped. It doesn’t happen so I call again and I’m not able to talk to the person that helped me previously. So I have to start over with someone new and start from the beginning. If I could fire OptumRX, I would.

But this is who Calpers has changed too. CVS was much better.

So I don’t have pills for 60 days. Hopefully I don’t blow a fuse.

Product or Service Mentioned: Optumrx Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

Put your complaints in writing to Optum. It's the only way to get them to realize they mess up constantly.

They're under UnitedHealthcare umbrella, if that helps. And both under the number one SCAM artists: AARP!

They sent me a letter saying how they were going to save me a bunch of money. From my experience their prices are anywhere from 40.00 to 100.00 plus over the retail pharma AKA "walmart" this puts you in the gap pronto where they want you.

to annonymous #1322541

It's true that paying cash or using on line coupons (goodrx is one) helps and it will help keep you out of their "do-nut hole". Of course that's where they want you so they can extort more money out of seniors. They routinely put inexpensive meds into a higher tier for this reason.