I enrolled my husband and I in the Prescription Solutions RX program in 2006. We were usually pleased with Prescrition Solutions quality of service and the prices.

Since Optim RX has taken over PS, we have had nothing but problems with this company. First, RX's that were tier 1 (and cost zero co-pay) were made into tier 2,3 or 4. Our rx insurance is paid out of our checking account automatically every month and it is constantly getting more expensive and less is covered. This year I started to have my prescriptions filled at the local pharmace.

In June I decided to give Optim RX another chance. Had my physician fax two prescriptions in. Found out that one rx was going to cost me twice as much as I was paying at the pharmacy and the other prescription has still not been filled. I have called at least seven time and also talked to my doctor, who contacted them again.

Tonight I was told that it would be another seven to ten days before my rx will be shipped. I was notified that it was finished processing on July 13th. The "customer representative" could give me no valid reason for the delay. She said that I should talk to their pharmacist.

I was put on hold, waiting to talk to the pharmacist and after 35 minutes, I was hung up on. I have active Crohn's disease, diverticulitis and am trying to stave off another flare, so I don't have to take another round of steroids. Not receiving my medications in a timely manner is not only frustrating but adds to the Crohns as stress is a major contributor to flares. If anyone is thinking Class Action Suit, please contact me.

I do not care for Class Action Suits but sometimes that is the only way one can get the attention that needs to be gotten. I have read so many wrenching stories from other patients regarding Optim RX and the harm they are causing. Also disappointed in AARP for backing such an unethical insurance group. Will be cancelling all our rx's and our insurance with same.

Can't see paying for the frustration and lack of concern exhibited by this company.

If there is anyone out there that has a solution to this problem, please speak up.

Review about: Optumrx Prescription Refill.

Comments

Weatherford, Texas, United States #811853

I guess I'll have to just go ahead and die like the government wants because my husband and I are retired and can't afford over 5,000.00 every 3 months. Of course if I was illegal I would be getting everything for free!!!

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States #808403

Optumrx is the same company as Prescription Solutions, the name just changed. Not only that but they are not an insurance company.

If you want to know about formulary changes , you need to contact the insurance company.

Just sayin. Get your facts before you complain about something you clearly know nothing about.