Ordered a VERY expensive drug that is completely unaffordable in a 90-day supply. I only wanted a 30-day supply, as in one month.

Received a 90-day supply, and the out-of-sight cost was charged to my credit card. I complained. Needed the money desperately for something else. Was told I could return the other two month's supply.

Meanwhile, someone loaned me the money to cover my immediate need. Kept all three. Received a bill and tried to pay it by automated system. When I didn't receive a confirmation number, I called back.

I've been double-charged before. The live operator said I couldn't pay using the automated system; had to pay through her, Told her I was anxious about being double-charged. Was assured this would not be the case. Received my credit card bill today and guess what?

Was double-charged in the amount of $255.58. Clerk I spoke with today first couldn't find the order and found it when I suggested she look for the amount....twice. She said I had a "credit" coming for that amount. I reminded her I've been paying interest on the "credit" coming from Optum.

Get this: asked to speak to the accounting department and was told they don't have a phone and aren't allowed to speak with customers. If I wanted to dispute anything I had to FAX the accounting department a copy of my bank statement. What part of this whole experience is linked to the concept of "service." Ditto. Zilch.

Zero. Optum is the absolute worst.

Review about: Optumrx Prescription Refill.

Comments