Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

I just tried to order a prescription from Optum online and for the third time that I tried to order it tells me that a problem occurred.They now tell me the prescription has expired.

I do not let them call the doctor to get the new prescription renewed because when I did that they said they never got it but did not bother to notify me until I called to check on it. I just went to the Dr. and they were to call in or fax renewals. They now tell me it takes longer to get prescriptions if they faxed them.

The previous time it told me there was an error and the order did not go through but I called and they said it was not eligible for refill but I knew it was and finally the agent did some searching and found that it did go through and that was why I couldn't order a refill. The other time I was told online that there was an error I was able to call and refill my prescription. Today they tell me the website is under going changes and that is why I got an error. How hard would it be to put a notice up that the website may not be working and it is best to call?

I also have notified them not to refill a prescription until I contact them (even though Medicare allows them to when a Dr. calls it in) and they tell me that is listed on my information yet they send me a prescription anyway when the doctor called it in even though it should not be eligible for refill and then I have to pay for it. I also ordered Celexicob (generic Celebrex) from Optum, because it was cheaper and after about 10-15 days I realized I was in a lot more pain so I refilled 15 days at my local pharmacy and my pain decreased. That may have been the supplier's problem that they did not know about but I notified them.

These problems have occurred in the last 90 days when for the first year I used Optum RX I had no problems. Something has changed.

If it doesn't get fixed soon, I will not be using them when the window for change is available.I talked my husband into using them and now he is having problems.

Review about: Optumrx Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Customer service reps are mostly nice and calm.

I didn't like: Service online, Refill authorization handling.