2.0
Prescription Services

I have a refill medication that can be filled every 31 days.It can ONLY be dispensed in a 1 month refill.

(as opposed to a 90 day supply) The insurance says 12 tablets every 63 days. (so 6 every 31 to 32 days) Every other month when I go to get the medication, the Pharmacy says OptumRX denies the refill and I have to wait another month to get the allotted 12 tablets. (THEY CAN NOT GIVE ME MORE THAN A 1 MONTH SUPPLY SO I GET ONLY 6...NOT 12) I end up calling Customer Service over and over again. EVERY CS rep tells me something different!!

Every time! I am covered for this medication but only get 1/2 of what I am entitled to with my insurance. One CS rep "got it" and did an over ride to get me the medication from the month before and told me it wouldn't happen again. Well, the next month it was the same thing and the new rep said the over ride meds were for the "NEXT" month and I could not get the medication for 2 months.

These people don't get it and are IMPOSSIBLE to reason with.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss order processing issue of optumrx prescription refill and associated monetary loss in the amount of $172. OptumRx needs to "refund the $171.69 that i had to pay out of pocket for covered medication and get the problem refilling the perscription properly straightened out" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned optumrx prescription refill in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at OptumRx.

Comments

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #1240952

After a lengthy letter to OptumRx explaining the situation, they sent me a denial for something completely different!!A third grader could grasp the problem but NOT OptumRx.

They limit the time to appeal to 30 days....so by the time the appeal gets to them and they respond, there is no time left to appeal.

(or in this case, re explain the problem.) They are ridiculous to work with and you get DIFFERENT answers EVERY time you contact their (useless) customer service.