1.1K views
2.0
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

I have been dealing with these IDIOTS for way too long.However, they know they are the only game in town.

Problem #1: They allege an "80-20 Rule" which DOES NOT EXIST IN ANY LAW, REGULATION, etc. I had this confirmed by "Jocelyn" after filing a formal complaint with United Healthcare. So this means they are arbitrarily MANDATING nothing more than an incompetent ONE SIZE FITS ALL rule regarding our healthcare.....this is ILLEGAL. PROBLEM #2: By MANDATING THIS RULE OF THEIRS TO EVERYONE THEY ARE PRACTICING MEDICINE WITHOUT A LICENSE.......THIS IS ILLEGAL!!

Problem #3: The pharmacists at Optum RX think they are God and they seem to think that there is NO PROBLEM with REFUSING TO FILL VALID PRESCRIPTIONS written by LEGAL DOCTORS......THUS THEY ARE PRACTICING MEDICINE W/OUT A LICENSE......THAT'S ILLEGAL. My NEXT STEP IS TO CONTACT A VERY WELL KNOWN ATTORNEY IN SW FL AND SERIOUSLY LOOK INTO FILING A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST OPTUM R IDIOTS (as I refer to them these days). In addition to the above, I do believe they are also in VIOLATION OF HIPPA as well.

I WANT THE DEA, FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND UNQUALIFIED PHARMACISTS OUT OF MY HEALTH CARE DECISIONS MADE BETWEEN MY LEGALLY AUTHORIZED DOCTOR AND MYSELF.In this case, FOUR IS A CROWD.....WATCH OUT OPTUM RX AND GET YOUR CHECKBOOK OUT B/C IT'S COMING VERY SOON.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of violating my doctor patient rights and illegal activities. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "unauthorized practice of medicine by pharmacists" of prescription shenanigans and associated monetary loss in the amount of $100000. OptumRx needs to "class action lawsuit against optumrx" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned prescription shenanigans in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at OptumRx.

Comments

I have a disease very much like Als known as PLS it is a neruologigal disorder which slowly kills off muscles and nerves.

One of the medications called Drobinal has been denied by these jerks over and over again the weird part is they filled it in June then then refused it ever since,

jerry simmons

Griffin, Georgia, United States #1334780

Optum RX & the insurance companies that refer them should be put out of business!

Miami, Florida, United States #1316655

I am in for whoever is willing to file a lawsuit against these clowns. On top of denying medications, there are also forcing us to get medications through them, which obviously they don't deliver on time.

Alexandria, Virginia, United States #1310933

I know what it is like to be shafted by OptumRX.They are nothing but a bunch of parasitic leeches that suck in the money and give nothing in return.

When it comes to prior authorization, don't expect any compassion from them at all. They denied me prior authorization for a medication that I had been using for 18 years. Forget about being allowed to talk to someone with real decision making powers (their customer service sucks). You will be stonewalled.

They have no interest in resolving the issue. All they want to do is deny your prior authorization request so that they can pocket the money.

PBMs like OptumRX are truly a law unto themselves.We would do just fine if they were to collapse and go away.

Monroe, New York, United States #1302154

I agree. They are horrible!

Fort Myers, Florida, United States #1298533

I'm having the same issues as everyone else!Optum rx is dirty!

They are thieves and liars!!!I would gladly be in on this class action lawsuit!

Los Angeles, California, United States #1270195

illegally unauthorized charges against my credit cards now they're taking too long to fill my prescriptions

Romulus, Michigan, United States #1265657

How can I join this lawsuit , my medicine is life giving and they say I have to stop it and only go to 15 days are they kidding, they do not know what it does to help my body and frankly they do not care either? What can I do to join the lawsuit please.

cathypissed
to Anonymous Mesa, Arizona, United States #1269136

We need to form lawsuit, this has gone on too far!!!I have been waiting 7 days for my medicine (after a major painful surgery) after if was approved just a few weeks before I was to fill it.

Then on the day it was due, it was denied saying it needs a prior approval. Spare the long story, it was denied, now I have to wait another 72 hours on the appeal because my doctor did not put it was "URGENT" on the second prior authorization.I was told to pay out of pocket if my doctor will write for the old script that Optum will no longer in their formulary.

Why are there no regulations on the ripoffs and denials and money paid out of pocket just to survive? They keep charging more and more each month, the out of pocket keeps going up and up, they keep increasing the deductibles and deny basic procedures.

They deny medications and tell the patient to just pay out of pocket?

MAYBE A LAWSUIT WILL BE THE REGULATION NEEDED IF OUR GOVERNMENT WON'T STEP IN AND REGULATE THEM!

to Anonymous Los Angeles, California, United States #1270199

I'd like to join the lawsuit also