Insurance Plans Acceptance
Turnaround Time

I just wasted hours of my life with OPTUM RX trying to appeal a prior authorization for blood sugar test strips! Even though my doctor keeps writing letters to try provide reasons and evidence why I need to test my blood sugars with the test strips I have been using for years, because my meter uses a port lite and the smallest blood sample on the market, they want me to switch meters and strips to a machine that uses a larger blood sample and is clumsy and has no lite to test at night time!!!

They have hung up on me, disconnected me, told me I had to wait up to 2 weeks to find out if it's approved and now I am out of test strips and back to my doctor having them trying to correct this appeal. The REALITY IS THAT OPTUM RX is LIMITING PATIENT'S ACCESS TO CRITICAL MEDICATIONS TO save money. They give me wrong numbers to appeals line, they connect me and then mid sentence disconnect the calls and hang up and they do the same thing to my doctor's office.

I will be reporting them to the state for corruption. People should not tolerate this and sue.

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to have the product delivered as the author lost $500. The author is overall dissatisfied with Optumrx. The most disappointing about blood glucose test strips from Optumrx was call process, quality of call center people is very low and will not cover necessary medications Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Optumrx.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Pharmacy category for more informed decision or compare Optumrx to other companies on our site.

Comments

Tucson, Arizona, United States #1281960

You realize optum doesn't carry every single kind of test strip for every single meter? Do you know how many different test strips are out there?

It's pretty insane. You either take what they got or go get it at a local pharmacy.

More importantly, prior authorizations and the appeals department are your plan. Not optum.

to Anonymous Angier, North Carolina, United States #1282582

This is not some no name brand test strip - like I said it's something I've been using for over 10 years! It's one of the major ones.

They can get it... they just won't to save money because they made a contact with the LOWEST CHEAPEST PROVIDER.

Regardless, If my doctor continues writing overrides..then I should be able to legally get the test strips they want me to use. Their runaround is just a scam.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1220855

I reported this pharmacy too. Something strange is going on.

They lose prescriptions and the reps are rude and uncaring.

I told the last rep I spoke with that I would die before I ordered medication from them.

Fed up!!