I have had many different pharmacy suppliers over my lifetime, OptumRx is by far the worst. When trying to get a script filled, OptumRx refused stating that they thought a different medication would be more appropriate.

A quick call by both my local pharmacist and myself revealed an OptumRx rep reading off of a response list, stating the company's policies and position to save money. When I asked the rep what medical training he had and how he could override the doctors' orders (who BTW is a world renown physician), he replied "None" and stated he dropped out of high-school and this was his new job.

Give me a break OptumRx, you let drop-out have access and decision making to too sensitive information. Only a threat to seek legal actions got them to change their minds.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of optumrx prescription filling. OptumRx needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned optumrx prescription filling in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at OptumRx.

Comments

I have now been denied TWICE for a generic prescription that is FDA APPROVED as a treatment option for my diagnosis.They don’t have it listed as an approved treatment option in *THEIR* record books so therefore, I’m not covered.

ORx is also claiming it isn’t FDA Approved for my condition. My neurologist has provided medical journals supporting my treatment and official documentation from my medical testing to prove my diagnosis.

Not sure how far they cover outside of MA, but I’m based in Boston and this is absolutely absurd.Thankfully, I have a friend in pharmacy school helping through the next steps to take.