12/31/15 I call and request my 1st 90 day mail order, because the advertised co-pay is $0 for 90 days. Usually, but not always, my 30 day supply at the drug store is $45. I need refill by Jan 18. They would have to take next step to get my MD to approve, which occurred Jan 9 (10 days). I am used to my MD's office responding within a day or 2.
1/15/16 6 more days have passed. I am looking for prescription in mail. Now Optumrx calls and wants to know how I want to pay my $45 co-pay??? The Representative acknowledges the letter I received about no co-pay. She volunteers that many people get those. She also shared that since it is the beginning of the year, they have more work to do, by way of explaining why lots of days go by without action on my prescription need. She said optumrx will now send me a new letter in next week or 2 to tell me I will be expected to co-pay $45, not the $0 advertised in huge type on my letter.
The representative does put me on hold and then reports approval for only this first refill without a copay. They will not be sending out my prescription from their end until 1/18 /16, 17 days after I requested it, three more days from today's conversation, but it will take days more from then before I receive it via USPS, which puts me well past refill date from last bottle on 12/18/16. I feel this is bad service. How am I not supposed to feel like i have been in a "bait and switch".
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- 4 issues: pricing, time delay, processing, etc.
- Product or service
- Optumrx Mail Service Pharmacy
- Review category
- Drug Stores and Drugs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I thought it was bad when Walgreens could not even transcribe a prescription correctly for the label on the bottle, they have shown they are even more inept at the..."
- "CVS has seen me spend my last $ they will ever see (as soon as the forced gift card runs out). I returned, with receipt, a shrink-wrapped box of white..."
- "For anyone that is ever sourceing out steroids on the internet in particular facebook beware of the canadian base scammer , frankie ciancio of the cities toronoto canada and edmonton..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "Good Afternoon Ms Rodriguez, I an sending this email to request a refund on the improper fitting dentures that Merit Coast made. As we previously discussed when I first went to the..."
- "I have spent alot of money at the buckle and against my wife's wishes, I bought expensive jeans that cost about $100 a piece. Within a year one of the..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."