12/31/15 I call and request my 1st 90 day mail order, because the advertised co-pay is $0 for 90 days. Usually, but not always, my 30 day supply at the drug store is $45. I need refill by Jan 18. They would have to take next step to get my MD to approve, which occurred Jan 9 (10 days). I am used to my MD's office responding within a day or 2.
1/15/16 6 more days have passed. I am looking for prescription in mail. Now Optumrx calls and wants to know how I want to pay my $45 co-pay??? The Representative acknowledges the letter I received about no co-pay. She volunteers that many people get those. She also shared that since it is the beginning of the year, they have more work to do, by way of explaining why lots of days go by without action on my prescription need. She said optumrx will now send me a new letter in next week or 2 to tell me I will be expected to co-pay $45, not the $0 advertised in huge type on my letter.
The representative does put me on hold and then reports approval for only this first refill without a copay. They will not be sending out my prescription from their end until 1/18 /16, 17 days after I requested it, three more days from today's conversation, but it will take days more from then before I receive it via USPS, which puts me well past refill date from last bottle on 12/18/16. I feel this is bad service. How am I not supposed to feel like i have been in a "bait and switch".
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- 4 issues: pricing, time delay, processing, etc.
- Product or service
- Optumrx Mail Service Pharmacy
- Review category
- Drug Stores and Drugs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "mazing products. Terrible customer service. I placed two orders in early November and received no notification of the orders being shipped even weeks later. I contacted them and after..."
- "I bought a $2.99 trial offer and now they are charging $34.99 for monthly refills! They do not plainly inform you that this is a membership. I have not..."
- "Last month i purchased one box of dragon light capsules from dragonlights.org for my husband, who is 43 years old and suffers from angina which is why he is unable..."
- "For over a month and a half at my home in Charlotte, NC , USIC has been sitting in the parking area for hours, sometimes never getting out of trucks,..."
- "Could somebody help me retrieve the first fourteen digits on my credit card please? I have not seen my card for a month and I need help to remember my..."
- "Gregory Jones, Southlake Texas is seeking investors but only take your money! He takes investment and does nothing but file law papers to steal your money! He is a scammer!..."
- "What a despicable company. Monster Tree service took it upon themselves to use the driveway of my rental house (preventing 2 of my 3 tenants from parking) to park their..."
- "A little over a year ago I searched for a reasonably priced 5 qt ceramic coated cast-iron dutch oven pot with lid. Found the Food Network brand at Kohl's which..."