Ambler, Pennsylvania

12/31/15 I call and request my 1st 90 day mail order, because the advertised co-pay is $0 for 90 days. Usually, but not always, my 30 day supply at the drug store is $45. I need refill by Jan 18. They would have to take next step to get my MD to approve, which occurred Jan 9 (10 days). I am used to my MD's office responding within a day or 2.

Related: OptumRX Mailorder processes and pricing are inconsistent

1/15/16 6 more days have passed. I am looking for prescription in mail. Now Optumrx calls and wants to know how I want to pay my $45 co-pay??? The Representative acknowledges the letter I received about no co-pay. She volunteers that many people get those. She also shared that since it is the beginning of the year, they have more work to do, by way of explaining why lots of days go by without action on my prescription need. She said optumrx will now send me a new letter in next week or 2 to tell me I will be expected to co-pay $45, not the $0 advertised in huge type on my letter.

The representative does put me on hold and then reports approval for only this first refill without a copay. They will not be sending out my prescription from their end until 1/18 /16, 17 days after I requested it, three more days from today's conversation, but it will take days more from then before I receive it via USPS, which puts me well past refill date from last bottle on 12/18/16. I feel this is bad service. How am I not supposed to feel like i have been in a "bait and switch".

Review about: Optumrx Mail Service Pharmacy.

I didn't like: Unprofessional.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss 4 issues: pricing, time delay, processing, etc. / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Optumrx?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.