Optumrx letter said $0 co-pay, Optumrx caller says $45 how will you pay?

12/31/15 I call and request my 1st 90 day mail order, because the advertised co-pay is $0 for 90 days. Usually, but not always, my 30 day supply at the drug store is $45. I need refill by Jan 18. They would have to take next step to get my MD to approve, which occurred Jan 9 (10 days). I am used to my MD's office responding within a day or 2.

1/15/16 6 more days have passed. I am looking for prescription in mail. Now Optumrx calls and wants to know how I want to pay my $45 co-pay??? The Representative acknowledges the letter I received about no co-pay. She volunteers that many people get those. She also shared that since it is the beginning of the year, they have more work to do, by way of explaining why lots of days go by without action on my prescription need. She said optumrx will now send me a new letter in next week or 2 to tell me I will be expected to co-pay $45, not the $0 advertised in huge type on my letter.

The representative does put me on hold and then reports approval for only this first refill without a copay. They will not be sending out my prescription from their end until 1/18 /16, 17 days after I requested it, three more days from today's conversation, but it will take days more from then before I receive it via USPS, which puts me well past refill date from last bottle on 12/18/16. I feel this is bad service. How am I not supposed to feel like i have been in a "bait and switch".

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Unprofessional

Reason of review:
4 issues: pricing, time delay, processing, etc.
Product or service
Optumrx Mail Service Pharmacy
Review category
Drug Stores and Drugs
review #771280

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Optumrx? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Optumrx. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Optumrx.
Filing a new complaint about