Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

Optum Rx blocked my pain medicine on the day I needed to fill it, this past Thursday.Ive been taking this medicine for years and now they want prior authorization.

I was in so much pain and withdrawal that I paid the $724 to get it, taking my chances that it would be approved and I would be reimbursed. Why it is $724 is another crime for discussion another day. My doctor scheduled a special appintment the following Wednsday (6 days later) so I could help them fill out the 5 page prior authorization questionaire.

I am worrying myself sick wondering if I am going to lose my job because I can't deal with the pain anymore.OptumRx is a greedy evil company that needs to be closed.

Review about: Optumrx Prescription Refill.

Comments

I am in your position right now also.We have been with OptumRx for the last 3 years with little issues, but I went to go fill my pain medication yesterday and they denied both, saying they needed Prior Authorization.

I’ve been calling the P/A line like every 2 hours, they keep telling me it’s under review.Prayers for you, I hope it gets better.

to Sam #1418784

Same here, pain medication was DENIED after prior authorization given by doctor.Have been on this dosage for years.

Customer service non-existent. Phone calls by myself and doctor are worthless to them. Going through horrible withdrawal right now, may need to go to the ER. Can't anyone do anything about OptumRx??

They will surely save NJ a ton of money by not filling prescriptions and killing patients.I hope the money savings for NJ is worth it.