1.8
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

I too have Optum RX and I do get a controlled substance every month and I to have the SAME problems. Every SINGLE month I have issues with them. And every person I talk to gives me a different and yet the wrong answer. It's to the point that I make sure to get names of the associates I speak with. Not that it really does me any good because it seems the next time I call and I name the previous associates the current one has no idea who they are.

I have had to sit through 2 prior authorizations for my medication. I am now in 6 months into that second prior authorization and suddenly the insurance company has a grandfather authorization that is now overriding my current authorization and not allowing me to adequately pick up my prescription. Nobody seems to know why and they all just tell me that they'll call me back with answers and I never get a phone call back. How is it that suddenly and miraculously after two prior auths does this grandfather auth pop up out of nowhere?

I am with you, the anxiety I experience every month having to call them and deal with them is just about exhausting. One associates did tell me just yesterday that he agrees I get the runaround way too much. I actually get sick to my stomach.

But in their eyes since I'm on a controlled substance I must be a criminal and therefore they really don't give a *** how good or bad their services for me.

Comments