I'm a clinician and contracted provider with United Health Care. I'm also a consumer and like thousands of others who pay for medical benefits, when needed, I expect to utilize my specialty pharmacy benefit.

When I actually did call to ascertain my coverage, I was met with indifference on the part of the Optum RX staff, who didn't have details about my coverage, transferred me around to varied divisions until I was forced to disconnect. The website, absent any working feature to e-mail, was a waste of time. When my own physician faxed in the required authorization form she had to do it twice - we learned the auth was cancelled: no reason available. When my specialty pharmacy called Optum RX to confirm my benefit details, they were given contradictory information.

Left with no choice to pay out of pocket, I went online to visit Briova, the in house specialty arm, to witness a disingenuous on-line video pitch on how "personalized care is what we're all about" -- no online method to make contact. Called UHC again today to request the name of a person in charge of complaints. Alas, there is no one. Was advised to write UHC/Complaints, PO Box 30432, Salt Lake City, UT.

84130-0432. Shameless.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Optumrx. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Optumrx to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Optumrx and optumrx customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments