Insurance Plans Acceptance
Turnaround Time

On Apr. 7, 2015 I placed order for diabetic insulin and supplies with OptumRX the preferred mail order provider for United Healthcare Medicare Advantage plan.

All my medications were prescribed by my Dr. for 90 days. I received insulin, etc., in a timely manner, but absolutely NO BD syringes for me to take the Insulin with. I phoned, and had a run around, saying I would have to reorder the next month - meanwhile I had to borrow syringes from a diabetic friend.

I complained to United Healthcare -got one call from an ombudsman, and never heard about my grievance. It took 23 days after complaint to get my syringes. Now, on Aug. 19, 2015 I had to order refills, I placed the order with a nice girl for the same 90 day supply, and specified one box of 90 BD syringes to go with 90days of insulin.

Today, I open the box of supplies, and I receive 60 days of BD syringes, not in the box, but tossed in shipping box in a Ziploc bag! I never get a notice or invoice of the placed order - only an email of proposed shipping date. I was on the phone with OptumRX for a short time, and was told I would have to reorder the syringes at the end of September - way over the 60 days of syringes that I received. I asked for a supervisor and was placed on hold for ever.

Reported them to United Healthcare, and I will get 100 new syringes on Sept. 17th - but at an additional charge! So I have to pay for some lying,cheating *** in pharmacy for his/her mistake or planned error to open a 90 day box of syringes, mess around in it, send the wrong amount, and resell the extra 40 for more money - or maybe to aid someone's heroin addiction!

Optum Rx is the worst... and United Healthcare are aiding and abetting a dangerous and illegal practice, and are implanting a medical emergency.

This person wrote the review because of problem with delivery of bd insulin syringe from OptumRx. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants OptumRx to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was morons, cheaters, medical emergencies and totally unprofessional. If you have a chance, please immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by OptumRx for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments