I am a prescribing provider and have spent several hours on the phone trying to speak to someone to request a prior authorization. I was never sent the prior authorization.

Then, I received a denial for my patient stating that they were unable to reach me. After I got the denial, they finally sent the prior auth which I completed. I was next sent a letter stating that the PA wouldn't be reviewed due to the previous denial. I am writing this while I have been on hold for 40 minutes trying to sort this out.

They have the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I am writing this so that patients know that is not just them who are treated badly by this company.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Optumrx. The most disappointing about prior authorization at Optumrx was complete lack of honesty and incompetent employees Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Optumrx.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Pharmacy category for more informed decision or compare Optumrx to other companies on our site.

Comments

First thing you called customer service for mail order. Prior Auth answers there own line.

Second if it been denied before what makes you think they can 're-review. Someone needs to get their head together before they blame the wrong department all together.