1.8
Insurance Plans Acceptance

PRIOR TO SIGNING UP W/ UHC FOR MY BENEFITS I HAD BLUE CROSS AND THEY COVERED ALL MY DAILY MEDICATION.

WHEN I SIGNED UP W/ UHC I WAS TOLD THESE MEDS WOULD STILL BE COVERED. I WAS WRONG REGARDING MY ANTI-DEPRESSANT MEDICATION. INSTEAD OF UHC & OPTUMRX CONTINUING MY MEDICATION PRISTIQ I WAS INFORMED THAT PRISTIQ WOULD BE COVERED IN A WRITTEN LETTER. FOUR DAYS LATER ANOTHER IDENTICAL LETTER CAME AND STATED THAT MY REQUEST TO CONTINUE TO USE PRISTIQ WAS DENIED WITH NO COMMENTS. MY CASE # FOR APPROVAL IS :PA-212676770. MY DENIAL LETTER REFUSAL CLAIM # IS; PA-21310632.

I PLAN ON FILLING A FORMAL COMPLIANT WITH THE PA CONSUMER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM. NO ONE FROM OPTUMRX EVER CONTACTED ME REGARDING ISSUES I WAS EXPERIENCING. IT IS MY RIGHT TO BE ACTIVELY INVOLVED WHEN I AM GIVEN A DIFFERENT MEDICATION WITHOUT MY CONSENT AND APPROVAL.

OTUMRX HAS DONE EVERYTHING IN ITS POWER TO CREATE A BUREAUCRACY MESS OF MISINFORMATION, LYING, PLAYING THE GAME THAT I, AM TALKING WITH THE CORRECT DEPARTMENT. IF YOU GET DISCONNECTED JUST CALL BACK. THE LAST INDIVIDUAL I TALKED WITH ON FRI NOV 6, 2015. SHE INFORMED ME THAT I HAD TO TAKE THE GENERIC ANTI-DEPRESSENT. OPTUMUSRX SELECTED.

I INFORMED HER THAT I PREVIOUSLY TOOK EFFEXOR XR AND SEVERE REACTION FROM nausea, constipation, insomnia, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, nervousness, blurred vision, changes in appetite or weight, and sweating.

THEREFORE I HAD TO STOP TAKING THIS MEDICATION WHICH IS NOW THE 3RD TIME THAT I HAD TO QUIT 'COLD TURKEY' AN I AM EXPERIENCING SERIOUS HEALTH ISSUES SINCE I AM NOT TAKING MY RECORD MEDICATION AND NOW BECOMING ILL.

THE LACK OF TRANSPARENCY IS SHOCKING. I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A SITUATION THAT I HAD NO SAY IN MY TREATMENT OR THE MEDICATION THAT WAS RECOMMENDED. THIS HAS BEEN ONE OF THE WORST EXPERIENCES THAT I EVER HAD WITH MY MEDICAL BENEFITS. COMPLETELY SHOT OUT OF THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS SO UHC CAN DISTRIBUTE GENERIC DRUGS AND AVOID NAMED BRAND MEDICATION TO INCREASE THEIR PROFIT MARGIN FOR THEIR STOCKHOLDERS. REGARDS, CRAIG WEINTRAUB ID90862832300

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of slow processing and dangerously incompetent. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of optumrx pristiq prescription. OptumRx needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned optumrx pristiq prescription in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at OptumRx.

Comments

Sanger, California, United States #1247649

Craig I feel for you, I am new to this Optium RX denial game also.I found this trying to find information on their appeal process.

It took them 2 months to get one medication approved. I have been on this medication for 5 years... then It took 4 phone calls and 3 days to get it sent to me. The last phone calls were 3 hours of them saying that my insurance company had the wrong information and I had to contact them.

It was not my insurance company it was the pharmacy that entered the information in wrong. I am supposed to have the one of the best insurance plans through our union. Optium RX is horrible and what for we pay for our insurance it is shameful. I was treated better with Blue Shields through the Obama Care.

I am definitely going to file complaints with who ever will accept them. You may be able to get some kind of help through the federal Mental Health and addiction act. I will be filing a complaint as well. There has to be something illegal about and insurance company making medical decisions and basically medically treating patients the way they feel fit.

I did see where Blue Cross has had to pay multiple fines for not complying with federal regulations. I have to wonder if we are just banging our heads against the wall. Apparently they do not care and have deep pockets to pay fines and keep denying customers of their benefits.

I wish you luck and hope you get your medication soon. I know how devastating Prestiq can be if you have to go with out it.

Its a withdrawal I would not wish on anyone.

God Bless you and keep you safe.