Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

My doctor had to submit a refill prescription for my medication recently, it took approximately 3 weeks to the order filled. Every time i contacted Optum they would tell me they had not received the order and that they have reached out to my doctor.

I contacted my doctor who said that they have repeatedly submitted the prescription to them and that it was on Optum's end. Countless phone calls and after 3 weeks finally got the order submitted, thank goodness i still had some meds left over from the previous order!!! I finally received my prescription in the mail and they sent me my medication and two bottles of medication for a random person that included anti seizure meds and meds for gout. I immediately contacted Optum and they were supposed to send me a package so i can return this poor persons meds but now three weeks later and three phone calls i have not received anything.

I am pretty sure there is a HIPA violations in here somewhere as well as i could have been seriously injured taking anti seizure medications. I am very unhappy with this service and have let our employer know.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Encountered the same problem twice already.

Comments

h.kitchener

File a complaint with the FDA and with your state agency that licenses and oversees pharmacies. Both have a website.

Someone made a mistake when mailing the scripts. You and someone else have the other's pills.

Hope the other guy caught the mistake! This is the reason for complaining to the feds and the state.