OptumRX has been paying for a particular generic medication that comes on a "card" for months. Per my plan, there is no charge for this generic formula. All of a sudden, this morning my pharmacy tells me that my refill will be $68.15 because OptumRX has refused to pay ANYTHING on this prescription.

So, of course, I get on the phone to Optum...and was told that the reason they won't pay the claim is because the pills come pre-packaged on a card...that if they were in a bottle, they would pay!!! They have been being coming on a pre-packaged card for months! WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE!? It's exactly the same medication!!

So I called the pharmacy back. After they finished laughing, they "reran" the script as if it were in a bottle, and sure enough, it went through at NO CHARGE!

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "refusal to pay for rx that has been covered in the past" of optumrx prescription refill. OptumRx needs to "i want a sensible explanation as to why this rx was refused....because it is on a card and not in a bottle is not sensible" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned optumrx prescription refill in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at OptumRx.

Comments