Linda R Ayc

Wrong delivery address

Im in South Carolina however prescription delivered to Florida I need my meds!! Looks like it was sent back to original sender.
Cons:
  • No meds received

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Kevin N Xox

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Worst pharmacy i have ever had the experience of dealing with.

OptumRx - Worst pharmacy i have ever had the experience of dealing with.

Optum RX is the worst pharmacy company I have ever had the unfortunate experience of dealing with in my life. If I could leave a negative star rating, I would.

I have had so many bad experiences in the short 7-week period that my insurance changed, and I had to switch all my 90-day prescriptions to them from Walgreens as required by my Blue Cross Insurance. I recently changed from Blue cross of Illinois to blue Cross of Kansas City. I went from being able to get all my 90-day prescriptions filled at Walgreens to only being able to get them filled at Optum RX mail order. My life hasn't been the same since.

In the past 7 weeks I have logged somewhere around 2030 hours on the phone with them struggling to get prescriptions filled.

I have a single prescription that I have been on the phone with them for about 10 hours over 8 different phone calls and never have been able to get it filled. It all boils down to a Copay card that they cannot figure out how to process in their system. After repeated calls and countless hours on the phone, they finally were able to determine they do not have the ability to process the Copay card and that I would not be able to use it with them. We only figured this out after I called the manufacturer while I had the customer service person on the phone at the same time trying to figure out what Optum RX was doing wrong.

This means I cannot get my 90-day prescription from my Dr filled without paying a large amount that exceeds my budget to get the medication.

There are a number of issues with this company that just can't be avoided.

1.Every time you call in, you get a different customer service person, and you have to re-explain your problem and give them the same information over and over and over again. There is no type of ticketing system where they can keep track of repeat or follow-up calls for the same issue to check on status or updates.

2.The customer service representatives have very little to no ability to resolve problems directly themselves. They have to take notes or send messages to other departments or people for them to follow up on. I never once received any calls or follow up from anyone on issues that I had called in about once I hung up the phone.

Horrible service. No resolutions to problems.

3.The representatives cannot make outbound calls. So if your call gets dropped, they can't call you back, and you have to start all over again from the beginning with a new call.

4.They lack the ability to allow me to talk directly to the person that I need to talk to for resolving my problem. For example, I cannot talk directly to a pharmacist.

I cannot talk directly to the person that knows why my copay card is not being accepted. Getting real answers from the right person is non-existent.

5.This is a big one. Optum RX DOES NOT handle preauthorization requests with your doctor. I was told repeatedly that I would have to fill out a form and send it to my doctor to have them fill out and send to the insurance company.

This is crazy. I have never had to manage my own preauthorization on prescriptions. This is what my insurance premiums are supposed to be paying for.

6. Their website IS NOT real time up to date.

So status of fills and prices and shipping is not accurate. Sometimes you don't get prices until its shipped, and by that time It's too late to cancel the order if you can't afford it.

7.I had issues with prescriptions that were automatically filled and shipped even though they were not setup for autofill and auto ship. I had several prescriptions that I canceled the same day they started filling these prescriptions. Four days later they shipped them to me anyway without notifying me and without even knowing what the cost was going to be for the prescriptions.

Once they are shipped, you own them and cannot return them. Every time I was on the phone with them, I told them do not ship me any meds without me knowing what the cost is.I've had problems with mail order in the past not applying my insurance and discounts properly and I dont want them shipped unless I know they are processed correctly.

8.Managing your prescriptions with Optum takes a huge amount of time and resources compared to other pharmacies. I constantly had to follow up with them on why my meds were not shipping or not ready or what they were waiting on. They would remain in various statuses for days like they were waiting for someone to look at it.

It was taking days and even weeks to get issues resolved since I had to manage things manually on my own with doctors. I have several that I have never been able to get resolved in the 7 weeks Ive been trying to use them.

9.Their Voice automation system does not work reliably. It does not recognize basic phrases like my birthday. I would have to repeat it 2 or 3 times before it would give up and move on.

Then I would have to give it again to the customer service rep.

10.Optum uses offshore customer service from India. India accent and dialect is very difficult to understand and communicate with. 3 out of 5 times I got the offshore support and went through my lengthy process of explain my problem, they would tell me they dont have access to that information and I would have to be transferred to the Onshore team. Then I would have to start all over again explaining my problem.

11.Because they cannot make outbound calls, they do not have ability to call your doctors or copay card companies to get proper details for processing your prescriptions.

This is a big problem. I was always the one playing the middle man having to make calls to get answers then call them back.

12.They cancel prescription refills with no explanation on the web site and no phone call or contact to explain why. This means another 1 hour phone call to customer service to find out why.

13.I had one prescription they wanted to charge me $225 for. Previously I was paying $30 for this filled at Walgreens for 90 day supply with my Copay card.

Since they could not figure out how to process my copay card, I could only get 30 day supply at Walgreens which was $10. Their pricing just doesn't seem right and since you cant talk to the pharmacy directly, you cant get answers on why.

14. Its not uncommon to spend an hour or longer on the phone every time you call in. Probably 70% of my calls I was on the phone more than an hour, and 5 or 6 times a week.

Who has that kind of time to spend managing their prescriptions every week?

15.There is no compassion or sense of urgency for getting your medications filled when they have let the refills lapse or taken weeks to get them shipped. Constant unexplained delays.

16.Not customer oriented at all.

Bottom line is, AVOID using Optum RX at all costs. You are gambling with your health if you do. Its not worth the time, aggravation, and stress in dealing with this company.

Everything is bad. Very inefficient, poor communication, poor follow up, poor problem solving and resolution, over priced, poor service, poor everything.

I cant find anything good to say about them after using them for only 7 weeks. I cant believe a company like this is even allowed to stay in business or why insurance providers would even use a company like this to provide for their patients.

Cons:
  • All bad

Preferred solution: New pharmacy provider for 90 day prescriptions from my insurance provider Blue Cross of Kansas City

User's recommendation: Avoid at all costs. Run, dont walk in the other direction to any other pharmacy

Idora K

Poor Explanation

Unable to understand speech of representative and inability to explain reasons for not renewing medication that I have been receiving for 3 years. I will contact my physician about this company to not refer them to anyone in the future. My insurance company does not send my medications through Optum.
Pros:
  • Mail receipt

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Search elsewhere

map-marker Lubbock, Texas

Horrible experience

Called for refill on my Asthma medication. I was told they didn't have any refills for me, they would have to contact my physician for refill. This was 2 weeks ago. Today, called because I do not any of my Asthma medication. I was told there was no communication documented that anyone spoke to me two weeks ago. This is upsetting. I cannot go without my meds. In essence I was told they would have to contact my physician. A asked to speak to a supervisor. Left on hold until I hung up.. No one has tried to call me to ***

User's recommendation: Document all customer contact

Kirit P Log

Wrong drug

Received 10 mg Lipitor drug instead of 20 mg. Will stop using optim in future if problem not resolved immediately

Preferred solution: Right proscription

Dan W Tut

Mail order meds

My Dr. Called in a med and they said they couldn't get it to me for 5 days. I said I'd pay for faster shipping. Answer no. I said hold off so I could check local pharmacy. Called back and said send it. Called a week later they said just shipped. Called 2 weeks later and no record of it being shipped. Now they say another week. So I have had no heart med for 2.5 weeks. So by the time I get it it will be 3.5 weeks. My ins says I have to use them for 90 day scripts or I have to pay more from my local pharmacy. INCOMPETENCE OF WORKERS.
Pros:
  • Cheap price
  • Extremely long wait do to incompetent

User's recommendation: Give your self lots of time to get your meds.

map-marker Plano, Texas

Jerked Around

It's taken well over a week to get a refill on a prescription I've been taking for over a decade. This is not a shipping issue, this is a poor customer service issue.

Optum RX first denied my refill. They gave absolutely no reason for this. Now they're pulling the song and dance of the prior authorization. I get a messages saying a decision was made for the prior authorization, but of course they can't tell me what that is.

I have to call my doctor and wait around more for them to call me back. This company is a disgrace.

They do not care at all about the customers! Avoid them if at all possible!!

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE

map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

Optum is a *** show!!!!

Withholding Rx's for no real reason. *** Shittttt Show. How many people have to suffer possibly die before you do your job!!! Every executive should go to Fired. How can seniors navigate this Shitttt Show? Please tell me...Putting endless holds on life saving medications. How many people have died? If I could give you less than 1 star I would!!!

User's recommendation: Your days are numbered if your meds are keeping you alive.

Shanty Uun
map-marker Carlsbad, California

Question about free prescriptions

I used get several free filled prescriptions with Scan at Espress Script. Am I still intiled to the same or not
Camilia Wyj
map-marker Bellevue, Washington

They were AWFUL!! So bad that the employee complaints made our hospital dump them after just a year.

Needed 'prior authorization' for meds I've been on for years, lied to repeatedly on the phone by customer service people, many delays getting my meds, causing physical problems, had to have TWO checkups a year with my MD to get refills, etc., etc., etc. They make money by denying Rx for people who need them. Their formulary is crap.

User's recommendation: Avoid them at all costs if you can. Complain to your HR benefits rep if your company switches to them. It worked for us!

map-marker Chattanooga, Tennessee

Optum now sends costumer calls to Indian.

I had a question about 90 days supply medication. Woman who helped me accent was so thick I could enot understand her and it sounded like she was in a disco club in the background. She was rude cause I couldn't understand her. Did not answer my question and was no help with getting me to anyone else.Find another
Thuy H Xkk

Worse pharmacy ever!

Absolutely no customer service. Their website is just for decorations. Can't order from website at all. Trouble with insurance? They forget about you! Need to applied discount? Forget that! They are happy if you pay out of pocket, then WTF is insurance for? Is therea negative stars? This pharmacy need negative stars. It's the worse.
Pros:
  • No pros whatsoever
Cons:
  • Lots of cons cant name enough

Preferred solution: Na

User's recommendation: Move to another pharmacy if you want to live.

American P Lam

Dispicable

Original review Jul 13, 2023
they force you to take the auto mailing.. they want the insurance company to pay for it.. the executive pharmacy is an outright liar you will get any justice there is no justice through optumrx... they are the most despicable business in business..
Pros:
  • Cheap
Cons:
  • Blame the customer for their stupidity

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY

Christopher J Ltp

They constantly cancel prescriptions

Original review May 17, 2023
I have been forced into socialism medications. This joke of a pharmacy is constantly cancelling prescriptions or are out of stock. I have been demanding to be set free from this terrible place.
Cons:
  • All kinds

Preferred solution: Freedom of choice of pharmacies.

User's recommendation: Avoid at all costs.

Adarian Xjx

Verified Reviewer

Can't get anything right!

Original review Mar 14, 2023

Called Optum to expedite the shipping on my 3mos Chronic illness meds as I was going out of town in 2 weeks. They assured me that I would receive it in 5 days.

I never got any notification on the status and it got hectic for me so I missed checking on it. When I finally called them a few days before my trip, they had not even shipped my meds. They assured me again that they will mail it to the new address as I was going to be there for a while. Well, a couple of weeks later (not expedited) I get a notification that my meds were at the USPS office, so I go to 3 nearby locations and none of them can find it.

So I call Optum to find out where they sent the meds to and guess what they sent it to the old address! I had to call my Dr to send a new Rx to the Walgreens nearby!

Yesterday, called Optum to send my Rx refill to a different pharmacy as they no longer carry it, well, no surprise its still not done! I don't know why UHC uses them, I would prefer CVS Caremark or at least a choice in another Pharmacy, so I do not have to continuously deal with incompetent people!

Cons:
  • Just poor service and repeatedly

Preferred solution: My prescription transferred!

User's recommendation: Don't use them!

map-marker Waxhaw, North Carolina

Can not resolve an ongoing issue

Transferred my prescriptions from CVS to Optumrx in January, 2023. Its been all downhill since then.

Received an unordered script for Rosuvastatin in March, 2023. Returned script as per your instructions. I could not order/receive the script when it was needed because I was told it was too early to order. Several phone calls were made to Optumrx with each phone call ending in an assurance from the representative that the problem was resolved and the Rx would be mailed to me.

It never happened and I am still waiting for the Rx. Additioinally two other scripts (Synthroid and Famotidine) are unknowingly on hold.

User's recommendation: Avoid using Optumrx.

Brands Related to OptumRx

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article