My husband's company recently changed insurance carriers. Our family now has this *** company.

I have SLE-Systemic Lupus Erthematosis & MS & have been going through monthly chemo for 2 years. This is the 1st time that I've dealt with OptumRx. Run around for over a week, 1hr, 17mins on hold, 4 hours on the phone in one day, & MANY calls to them from me & Dr. all week.

They LIE! Diagnoses codes, new script,...were ALL done & of course-they didn't receive them until they switch to a different issue! After all this, OptumRX would've covered the chemo 100% IF I didn't pay for MEDICARE as a 2ndary coverage! Why exactly does that matter?

They cover 100% of it, but found a loophole (don't contract with MEDICARE), so now they WON'T cover any of it & want my Dr. to pay $7,000 to purchase the chemo at another pharmacy & submit the bill to them for reimbursement! REALLY? How are they still in business???

We pay a fortune for them since this medication was checked before we had to accept this HORRIBLE company! All of my medications were covered or else I would pay for coverage outside of the company. My guess is that they will be getting sued for wrongful death OR paying for a week long hospital stay each month (which they claim will be covered). They are ***!

DON'T USE THEM! BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of chemotherapy coverage. OptumRx needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned chemotherapy coverage in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at OptumRx.

Comments