1.1
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

3/4 of our prescriptions have been delayed long enough to go without medicine. Each time it is a different reason, but customer service reps never have the correct answer, which leads to speaking to one after another for hours.

Forced mail order to Briova is resulting in late delivery of critical meds. Quantity limits are inadequate and even Drs explanations do not matter. Prior authorizations are constant and often have to be appealed numerous times. EVERY drug that shows any interaction is being denied, until the pharmacist takes the responsibility to key in an override OR calls the Dr, regardless of how many years you have been taking the 2 drugs prescribed by your Dr.

This will occur every month. Drs will not continue to authorize your Rx monthly. Pharmacists often refuse to make that decision, so you are denied, until the Dr calls them back monthly. The State has retained a "Cost Containment" company, rather than purchase Prescription Drug Insurance.

The cost is being "contained" by delaying and refusing needed medication. Reps admit they have little training and are unable or unwilling to assist. Even requests for assistance to the State have brought no response. I have chosen to pay cash for most of my medications, since I must spend so much time making calls to plead for the ones that are impossible to afford.

I urge anyone with these issues to begin contacting Office of Retirement services and our new Benefit Coordinator. Someone is going to die or become seriously ill over these practices.

Product or Service Mentioned: Optumrx Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: State of Michigan revise contract and choose another company to administer Drug coverage.

I liked: Response from corporate office after email.

I didn't like: Dangerously incompetent, Being passed about and told something different each time, Inability to provide meds in a timely manner, People and the processes, Forced to use briova mail order with unreliable delivery.

Comments

Optumrx.com is the worst website ever. I was not able to log into the website from August thru October.

I have called them dozens of times. When the Web Team Dept finally fixed the problem, I was able to sign in. I used the refills page, looked around at the rest of the website, then sign off. This past month AGAIN, I am not able to sign on to the website.

Another dozen phone calls, being transferred to 4-5 people. After 30 minutes on the phone with OptumRX, I am still giving out my name and DOB. For the third time, they tell me they will write up a ticket for me. They said it will take 3 to 4 business days to get a call back from OptumRX.

THIS IS THE WORST PHARMACY EVER.

please State of Michigan, get another provider for our prescriptions. I need my meds timely.

Bay City, Michigan, United States #1329362

Optum RX is the WORST mail order prescription drug company I have EVER dealt with. Orders are late (sent to incorrect address), bottles contain pieces of pills, and staff is incompetent and uncaring resulting in many days/weeks going by without needed medication.

to Judy Brunner #1474640

This is the worst co. I have ever dealt with.

Every time I call them, my blood pressure goes up 500 per cent.

This company is horrible, awful, incompetence, and should be closed down.!!!!!! I am a state of Michigan retiree and never had a problem with the previous provider.