Prescription Services

I've been getting through the pharmacy omeprazole for at least 10 years. It is by prescription from my doctor.

I could get it over the counter but the doctor told me a decade ago (and he was right, then, that the prescription version will cost me less --- which is good because I have to take it forever. I used to get it at my pharmacy in my neighborhood. But, my health insurer insists that it costs them less if I use the mail order pharmacy. So, I did that...

and it was true last year. This year, it is no longer true. The over the counter version is prilosec. You can buy it in the CVS pharmacy in my neighborhood for http://www.cvs.com/shop/health-medicine/digestive-health/heartburn-relief/prilosec-otc-frequent-heartburn-medicine-and-acid-reducer-tablets-prodid-1011851 --- about 51 cents a pill (20 mg which is what I am prescribed).

It is even less money at other pharmacies... if you buy a larger quantity: https://www.healthwarehouse.com/omeprazole-20mg-capsules-generic-prilosec.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzcaklYv41QIVAy9pCh1zXQBdEAQYASABEgIawvD_BwE That is 10 cents per pill. I have an automatic refill with OptumRX and saw my account was depleted for a 90 day amount at the cost of... are you ready...

$295.92 !!!! $3.28 per pill. Optum RX is trying to charge me about 32 times the cost. That is why OptumRX is part of a very complicated corporate structure --- to hide who is responsible for this, is my best guess.

Larry Renfro is one of the executives... he is with the parent company, UnitedHealthGroup. He earns $6.25 million per year. He's just one of the execs earning in that realm.

Yes, because they price gouge and overcharge us. Interestingly, this company put out a press release in 2016: "OptumRx and CVS Pharmacy are partnering to provide more convenient choices and lower costs for consumers and clients while improving health outcomes. The strategic relationship will bring together complementary capabilities to provide greater convenience and value. Together, the two companies will offer employers a new pharmacy network solution that: Provides eligible OptumRx members the option to fill 90-day prescriptions at prices equal to home delivery copay levels at CVS locations nationwide or through OptumRx home delivery; Increases consumer engagement and improves health outcomes through the combination of OptumRx's leading pharmacy and clinical solutions with CVS Pharmacy's leading in-store health and wellness capabilities; Enables OptumRx and CVS Pharmacy to leverage a shared pharmacy platform to develop new pharmacy and health solutions for clients and consumers." I'd rather go around the corner to CVS and buy my medication over the counter at 10 cents or even 50 cents a pill...

not their price of $3.25. How is 10 cents or 50 cents more than $3.25???? They are thieves... simple as that.

And, I called them. Spoke to a perfectly nice "customer service" rep. She canceled my order... but, they won't cancel my bill.

I disputed it with my bank. My bank looked into it and did not pay them as a result. So now, Optum is sending me a bill. Really??????

i imagine that they will fight me on this to the end...

because they are THE CORPORATION. It is very sad for us all.

Review about: Optumrx Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Customer service, False advertising, Price gouging.

Comments