Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

OptumRX has SERIOUS problems. Their idiocy cost me $75.

My insurance company forced us to use OptumRX for our son's prescription. My son is disabled, and has Medicaid as a second insurance plan, which covers his copays. Trying to communicate that to OptumRX has been a nightmare. I called after his first bill and left the details of the Medicaid insurance (after major run-around and dealing with semi-literate operators).

But we kept getting bills. So I called again, went through another hour of stupidity. No go again. More bills.

OK, I said, the old fashioned way: I copied his card, wrote a letter, and sent it in with a copy of his bill. That should work, right? No. And now they freeze my account (without telling me) and cut my son off from his seizure meds.

When no meds arrive, we find out that they STILL HAVEN'T USED OUR SECONDARY INSURANCE. So we have to get an emergency week's prescription locally, forking out $35 for it. I call again, trying to get the Medicaid card info to them. This time the customer service person says "oh, we can't accept that.

You have to bill it yourself." DON'T YOU THINK SOMEBODY AT YOUR COMPANY SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME THAT, LIKE 8 MONTHS AGO????????? So now I say WTF, I guess I have to pay my son's bill or let him have seizures. So I pay off the overdue copays. Then I tell the customer service rep about issues with communications with this company.

You know what she tells me? Oh, you have a Medicaid card? That would pay your copays, you didn't need to pay by credit card. THAT IS EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT ANOTHER REP TOLD ME NOT 10 MINUTES BEFORE!

And if they could accept Medicaid for a copay why TF didn't they when I called twice before and mailed it in once?? So this *** company cost me $75 and about 2 hours of wasted phone time, plus a stamp wasted on their ***, illiterate staff. FORGET ANY COMMUNICATIONS WITH THIS DUMB-*** COMPANY. THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THE *** THEY ARE DOING.

DIFFERENT STORIES EVERY 10 MINUTES. PROMISES THAT ALL WILL BE OK WHEN IT NEVER BECAME OK. EXTRA COSTS AND HASSLE I NEVER HAD WITH THE LOCAL PHARMACY. THIS IS THE WORST OF MECHANIZED MEDICINE.

PEOPLE, LETS GO BACK TO LOCAL SERVICE. THIS *** COMPANY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE.

Review about: Optumrx Prescription Refill.

I didn't like: Customer lack of service, Poor service, Poor communications, Lack of staff knowledge.

Comments