Twice they have sent my prescriptions out by UPS requiring someone to be at home to sign for them (these are women's hormones, not dangerous narcotics). Since I work, no-one is able to sign, and UPS sends the prescriptions back to Optum.

Then begins the nightmare of actually trying to call a real person to get the problem fixed.

Having devoted way too much time to being on-hold, dropped, etc, I tried to establish online contact, only to discover there is no way to get a password, because the site doesn't recognize my member ID. I had previously tried to establish an ID and password, but their tech support told me the screen would maybe just spin for awhile, and the process sometimes took 24 hours.

Product or Service Mentioned: Optumrx Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 30, 2017.

Comments

The only time an order for medication (s) would require a signature is if

a). It is a controlled medication

b) If the entire cost of the medication (not the member's copay portion), but the cost of the medication is over $2,000 (*and this is for insurance/security purposes).

Otherwise, if your order doesn't fall under those two categories, no signature required.

to Anonymous #1314949

Wrong.

I have a prescription that costs $1188 retail.

It is sumatriptan, which is NOT a controlled medication. When OptumRx sends it either by UPS or USPS, they require a signature for it, which is a royal pain in the posterior when a person works. Fortunately, they tend to send it via USPS and my local post office knows me and will not send the package back to OptumRx right away. They'll actually give me time to get to the post office on the weekend to sign for the package.

UPS, though, forget it....

It goes back to these idiots and I have to jump through all their *** hoops like a circus act. Sometimes I think I'm better off suffering in pain than dealing with them.