I filled a prescription for my wife via OptumRx 's website. The prescription was promptly filled and shipped.

Upon reviewing the invoice, I found that OptumRx charged our full co-pay amount to our credit card. They also billed us an additional amount over and above our co-pay amount. The company representative I talked to blamed it on the credit card company for only approving a partial payment. The only thing the rep was able to do was to start a "task" that will supposedly be forwarded to their accounting dept.

for review. I then called the credit card company and they provided the date and exact time that OptumRx billed our credit card for the full co-pay amount. This is only the small tip of a very large iceberg of problems that I have had with this company. Over the years, OptumRx personnel have lied to me, illegally fill DAW prescriptions with generic medications, and grossly violated HIPPA by faxing me a refill order form that contained another person's personal information (SS#, name, address, DOB, etc.).

I could go on and on.

I have a 5+ page , single spaced log of issues I've had with OptumRx. Now I can add attempted fraud to the log.There are some many incompetent employees at the company that I don't know how they stay in business.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Adjust account to $0.00 balance.

I didn't like: Incompetent.

Comments